CNET Editors' review
Some types of image formats are better suited to particular purposes than others, and even casual computer users will likely find themselves needing to convert an image file from one format to another at some point. ABC Amber Image Converter allows users to do just that, although we've seen similar programs that are a little easier to use.
The program's interface is split into two panes, each of which is filled with radio buttons for 18 different formats. To convert a file, users simply select the original file type, browse to that file, select the desired conversion format, and click Save As. The program quickly converts the file and saves it to the specified destination. The program is easy enough to use, but ABC Amber Image Converter has one quirk that's a little annoying: you can only view one file type when you browse. Let's say, for example, that you have a folder full of images in different formats. The program will only allow you to browse images of one type at a time, for example, all the JPEGs or all the GIFs. This isn't a huge problem, but it can be a little irritating when you're not entirely sure what you're looking for. The program does have several options for setting image quality and effects, which we appreciated, and the built-in Help file is sparse but adequate.
ABC Amber Image Converter has a 30-day trial period, and the trial version does not support batch conversions. The program comes as a ZIP file, installs desktop icons without asking, and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
From ProcessText Group:
There are quite a number of different graphics file formats in use, so often we need a software to use for some image conversions. ABC Amber Image Converter is an advanced tool to convert your image files (BMP, WMF, EMF, ICO, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, PCX, PCC, DCX, PBM, PGM, PPM, TGA). This application supports a batch conversion, a run from command line, more than 50 languages and comes with a embedded viewer. Batch conversion ability enables you to convert a unlimited number of images at a time. The software supports a batch conversion, a run from command line, more than 50 languages and comes with a embedded viewer. Batch conversion ability allows you to convert a unlimited number of images at a time. As all ABC Amber products, it's really easy like ABC and powerful like Amber.
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Convert animated GIF files into Flash SWF movies.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create autorun animated flashing screens for your multimedia pr...
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- Compare two directories or files side by side and synchronise/u...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.