It contains over 800 complete drug monographs, organized alphabetically, plus a full-color photo guide to pills and capsules and 25 rapid-reference appendices appropriate for practicing nurses. New appendices give guidelines for disposal of medications and for patient teaching to prevent medication errors.
- Includes over 25 approved drugs.
- Alphabetical order to get you to the facts you need quickly.
- 25 rapid-reference appendices appropriate for practicing nurses.
- More than 1,200 additions, changes, and updates on indications, dosages, and administration.
- "Black box warnings" to help prevent medication errors and to ensure safe drug administration.
- More "Warning" logos that highlight potential complications.
- Updated NANDA International taxonomy II for nursing diagnoses.
- Expanded less commonly used drugs appendix, which includes fertility drugs and monoclonal antibodies.
- Expanded alternative and complementary therapies section.
- Updated list of drugs that cannot be cut, crushed, or chewed, including brand names.
- Updated color photo guide of commonly used drugs to facilitate recognition of drugs being used.
- Key patient teaching points.
- Interactions with drugs, foods, alternative therapies, and laboratory tests.