M2M In Motion's ELD is a powerful but easy to use tablet-based service certified with US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations for electronic logs and vehicle inspections. Regulations for electronic driving and vehicle inspection logs have become commonplace to ensure the veracity of driver tablet input and ensured compliance with regulations. M2M In Motion's ELD is compliant with federal and state regulations as well as Canadian regulations.
A key differentiator for M2M In Motion's ELD is the ability to support numerous Android tablet brands. An owner-operator, for example, can purchase an inexpensive Android tablet or use his/her smartphone and be fully compliant using VisTracks Hours of Service. In addition, several ELD hardware brands are supported, including name brands such as CalAmp, Geometris, and Digi as well as other brands throughout a broad price range.
Other differentiators include:
- Enhanced and Customized Inspections
- Unlike other providers, out portal's log grid clearly shows violations
- Slip Seat and Team Driving
- Offline support - disconnected operation
- Automatic retry for loss of connectivity with the ELD
- Two-way integration of portal edits with the device including full edit logging
- Fully integrated portal backend for driver dashboard at home office, feature rich, fully synchronized with tablet and all HOS product options
- Ability to control tablet settings from the portal, such as disabling driver log edits on the tablet by the driver
- Ability to filter log edit reports on portal by consistent codes from a drop down menu--not available on other products which only support free-form entries of reasons for an edit which are difficult to sort by and track
- Easy to use, minimal training required, on-screen documentation to minimize errors and support costs
- Easy to use administration tools for account, vehicle and driver management
- Bug fixes and improvements.