The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. The dictionary app includes over 50,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, available in both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations.
* Over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, covering technical and scientific vocabulary as well as English from around the world
* Hundreds of new words and phrases, based on the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus
* Hundreds of usage notes on tricky vocabulary and grammar usage
* 50,000 audio pronunciations
100 years after its first publication, the twelfth edition of this world-famous bestseller gives the most up-to-date picture of the English language today. The original 1911 edition, revolutionary at the time for its focus on current English and its use of illustrative examples, combined a succinct yet approachable style with coverage of everyday as well as specialist terms. This centenary edition continues this ground-breaking tradition, giving you rich authoritative coverage of English as it is used today.
A search tool
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
* A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favorites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
* See words in context with example sentences
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.