If you depend on Microsoft's Outlook, a good recovery tool can save the day if things go wrong. DataNumen's Advanced Outlook Repair 3.0 can recover email, folders, appointments, tasks, and anything else that holds your critical data in Outlook's Personal files (PST). AOR supports recovery of attachments, embedded objects, encrypted and password-protected PST files, and deleted Outlook items. It can handle immense files, which protects against obsolescence.
To use AOR, you must have Outlook installed as your default e-mail client. AOR's dialog-based interface is so intuitive that the fully indexed Help file seems almost superfluous. Tabs access Repair, Batch Repair, and Options, the latter offering an Advanced Options field in addition to the common settings, all clearly labeled. There are browse and search icons for both source and destination directories; we navigated to an older saved PST file that wouldn't open after upgrading from a 32-bit to a 64-bit OS. We chose to use AOR's Auto Determined Format feature, though you can enter specific Outlook versions in the format combo box. Clicking Repair displayed a log in the main window and activated a progress bar that displayed AOR's quick work fixing the file, which subsequently opened fine in Outlook: Totally easy. Recommended for any Microsoft Outlook user.Editor's note: This is a review of the full version of Advanced Outlook Repair 3.0. The demo version will output a fixed PST file containing all the recovered messages and other items, with the actual contents in them filled with a demo information.
1. Support 32bit and 64bit Outlook 97 to 2019 and Outlook for Office 365.
2. Support to recover mail messages, folders, posts, appointments, meeting requests, contacts, distribution lists, tasks, task requests, journals and notes in PST files. All properties, such as subject, to, from, cc, bcc, date, etc., are recovered.
3. Support to recover mail messages in plain text, RTF and HTML format.
4. Support to recover attachments, including the documents and images attached to messages and embedded in HTML bodies.
5. Support to recover embedded objects, such as another message, Excel Worksheets, Word documents, etc.
6. Support to recover deleted Outlook items, including mail messages, folders, posts, appointments, meeting requests, contacts, distribution lists, tasks, task requests, journals and notes.
7. Support to recover oversized 2GB PST files.
8. Support to split the output PST file into several small files.
9. Support to recover password protected PST files, both compressible encryption and high encryption(or best encryption) are supported.
10. Support to convert PST files from Outlook 97-2002 format into Outlook 2003-2019/Outlook for Office 365 format, and vice versa.
11. Support to recover Outlook data from various undamaged or damaged virtual machine disk files, backup files and disk image files.
12. Support to repair PST files on corrupted medias, such as floppy disks, Zip disks, CDROMs, etc.
13. Support to repair a batch of PST files.
14. Support drag & drop operation.
15. Support command line parameters.