VisualRoute combines the tools traceroute, ping, reverse DNS, and Whois into a single graphical interface that analyzes Internet connections to quickly locate where an outage or slowdown occurs. An IP location database identifies the geographical location of IP addresses and Web servers, showing the path of an Internet connection on a global map. The 2008 release adds IPv6 compatibility, discovery of multiple paths to a destination and an updated IP location database.
What's new in this version:
- Database update
- Minor stability issue fixed
- Minor Whois issue fixed
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Ping domains and IPs.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- OS X users: Retouch and batch-process images and convert them i...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Monitor & troubleshoot net connections.
- Personalize your Mac's interface with this ultra-popular progra...
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Find out the IP address of any AIM user.
- List the hosts on a local area network and monitor their status...
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Find out what your current IP address is.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Search and browse Web sites easily.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Graph & log network activity of local/remote computers.
- Create installers and disk images for electronic distribution o...
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Change your network card's MAC address (Ethernet).
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Won't run on latest edition of Java (7)."
Version: VisualRoute 14.0l
Normal download install, and being a MAC product that means easy as pie.
The only comment I have is that it wouldn't run with Java 7, which many ppl have installed so they could run certain websites. Versions 6 & 7 seem to be mutually exclusive, and once you've installed Java 7 you can't go back. So I can't comment on the product at all and haven't entered any stars for it.
One star because it won't run. This may be harsh, so if someone can shed some softer light on this, please feel free to do so. Grazi.