CNET Editors' review
Learning to type is one thing, but typing well is another. Typing Trainer by TypingMaster helps you brush up on your typing skills with quick exercises and games, but it also studies your typing techniques to make specific recommendations to help you improve them. With games, tests, and reviews, Typing Trainer has plenty of features to offer even as your speed and skills improve. You can configure Typing Trainer for a huge range of languages and different keyboard styles, too. Typing Trainer 8.0 is freeware that is ready for Windows 8.
Typing Trainer opens with a full-screen user interface. We're big fans of full-screen displays for educational software since they minimize distractions. But Typing Trainer's developers obviously recognize that not everyone feels the same way, since we could easily change to a Small Window interface as well as configure our keyboard type and other options under the Settings tab. Typing Trainer opens on the Training tab, which offers two of the program's main features: Quick Typing Boost, which aims to tune up your typing in an hour or less, and Typing Analyzer, which tracks how you type as you use your computer, studies the data, and makes specific recommendations to help you with your trouble spots. The quick boost starts with a bubble game and moves through common words, sentence drills, and review and analysis. A few minutes of Typing Tester's exercises had our fingers flying. We could print reports of our results, too.
For the most part, Typing Trainer's tests and games are fun and challenging. We moved through the Training tab and on to Review, Typing Test, Games, and the Typing Analyzer. This interesting tool includes a link to a page of security information for any concerns about its key-tracking capacity. One thing we noticed when we started to sample Typing Trainer's features was the copious help the program offers at the business end, where you need it most, though there's also a Web site, blog, and customer support. Typing Trainer packs a lot for freeware -- something for every typist, in fact. Its quick tune-ups are especially valuable for knocking the rust off idle digits!TypingMaster Typing Test - Improve your typing skills easily - Download Video Previews:
Typing Trainer is a free, full-featured typing tester and trainer for Windows. First you can take a 45 minute crash course to improve your typing fluency and accuracy with the most common words and letter combinations. After warming up with enjoyable typing games, you can evaluate your typing skills (WPM, accuracy) with any of the several test texts and print out test diplomas and detailed reports. Typing Analyzer is a unique tool included that analyzes your everyday typing in other programs and identifies those keys that repeatedly cause difficulties. After identifying your difficulties Typing Analyzer provides fully tailored training sessions each taking only a couple of minutes. Program has multiuser support and four games. In addition this package contains access to 5-hour complete touch typing course (web based, 2 months).
What's new in this version:
- Typing Trainer is a new enhanced version of popular Typing Test.
- Quick Typing Boost in just 45 minutes
- Real-life Typing Analysis while you work
- Custom Training for problems detected
- Advanced Testing with more test texts
- Version 220.127.116.118 is a bug fix release solving installing issue in Vista.
More Products to Consider
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Learn to type while playing Breakout.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Type in without looking at the keyboard to find the letters.
- Learn how to type fast without looking at the keyboard.
- Learn keyboard skills, improve touch typing, and monitor your p...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Type with ten fingers without looking at the keyboard.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Learn to touch type and speed up your typing.
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Learn to type or enhance your current ability.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Play action game of breakout.
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Save the Earth from the invasion of relentless intergalactic ch...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 127 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Typing Trainer 18.104.22.1688
the couple of games i tried were ok
after I installed this, I found it had intalled savingsbullfilter and passshow on my system, system was much slower than before and keeps opening a webpage at "savingsbullfilter".
also it didn't create a restore point, so it was harder to get rid of this stuff