From Bernd Kreuss:
TorChat is a peer-to-peer instant messenger with a completely decentralized design, built on top of Tor's location hidden services, giving you extremely strong anonymity while being very easy to use without the need to install or configure anything. TorChat just runs from an USB drive on any Windows PC.
What's new in this version: Version 0.9.9.550 updates the bundled tor.exe to current stable version 0.2.2.34 and fixes some string encoding problems (and crashes) with non-ascii user names or folder names.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Detect potential vulnerabilities in your network.
- Create schedules into the future and retrieve past schedules.
- Give your PC some personality with this text-to-speech and spee...
- Find locked active directory accounts and unlock them.
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Identify and close security holes in your network.
- Find people in your town to chat with web cam.
- Interactive story for children of all ages.
- Prevent hackers from launching a denial of service attack or ru...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"The previous comment from "BabyHewy" is not true"
Version: TorChat 0.9.9.287
no installation needed, no configuration needed
no Mac version yet because there don't seem to be many people around who own a Mac and would be willing to spend a few hours of their time to make a portable mac bundle from it. (It would be easily possible).
The previous comment is just wrong. I have no idea from where he got the idea that any of the steps me mentioned must be done. There is no need to install Python or anything. There is no need to configure anything. It works like this:
* You unzip it to any folder you like and then just double-click TorChat.exe
And thats all that is needed. It will run right from this folder without any setup and you can just put the entire folder on an USB drive and run it on any other PC. Nothing needs to be installed.
"This is the worst thing to figure out how to use"
Version: TorChat 0.9.9.287
The idea is really great!!!
It doesn't work right out of the box like it says it does, and you need to learn programming this before it will run. I'm not up for that. Thanks any ways, but no thanks.
If your running this on a windows platform, then you need wxPython, Python installed first. Then you need to program python to whatever to get TorChat to work, or you won't get connected. I just want something that you can just open and use with the security that this says it has. With Yahoo and Windows Live, you know someone is going through stuff, and if you don't know, you should know. It's just common sense. It needs to be allot easier to use, and needs some buttons.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content