Using TechTool Pro, you don't need to be an expert. With an easy-to-use interface, single-click diagnostics scan critical CPU, memory, video hardware and more to identify impending problems to help you prevent costly repairs.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Speed Up (Defrag), Clean Up and Optimize Your Mac.
- Maintain, repair, and recover system disk/drive data.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Data recovery software.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Recover data from crashed, non-mounting, reformatted hard drive...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Screen capture utility.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Burn CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs on your Mac.
- For MyTV/fm/TV2GO/fm/Capture II/Video.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Clone, synchronize, back up files.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 49 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works great for me..."
Version: TechTool Pro 7.0.2
I've been using this product since version 4 and version 7.0.2 is the best so far. It works flawlessly on all four of my hard drives and I run it at 2-3 times a month. I have a Mac Pro 2009 version 4,1 with three internals and one external drive and I'm running Mavericks 10.9.2 (beta). Though I have used Disk Warrior with good success, I prefer the integration and full-featured set of Tech tool Pro.
The task of 'Defragmentation' takes awhile so be sure to set the energy savings in your System Preferences to 'Never' to make sure your Mac won't go into sleep and stop the Tech Tool processes'.
The key to successful operation of this program is to first and foremost make a backup of your existing drive! Next, run the 'Rebuild Directory' which will dismount the drive that it's repairing, so give it time. Follow with 'File Optimization' and then 'Defragmentation" and finally, 'Repair Disk Permissions'. if your drive has been neglected for a long time, these procedures can take a good part of the day.