From Tao Computing Solutions:
The Tao ExDOS 2009 line of products is a comprehensive and commercially proven solution for DOS and Win16bit based applications under Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Terminal Servers. The technology used in Tao ExDOS 2009 products is proprietary and is not available in any other products on the market. The software engines used for the product have been developed for over 5 years and comprehensively tested for full support and flawless operation in any environment. The line of products covers any number of issues encountered daily by DOS users under modern operating systems, such as: * Running DOS applications in a simulated native environment. * Allowing DOS applications to run in Full Screen mode, also under Windows 7 and Vista with the Aero user interface enabled. * Printing to any printer, including WinPrinters, Fax, PDF, image (GIF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP) and document (Word, RTF, HTML, Text) files. * Enhancing printing from DOS applications with advanced features such as adding company logo images, header and footer text, as well as allowing changes to the margins and rotation of the printed documents. * Running DOS applications under multi-user environments, such as Windows Terminal Server. * Enabling the use of Parallel (LPT) protection dongles, using the on-board parallel port as well as 3rd party PCI / PCMCIA / Express adaptors. * Display and printing of non-English codepages (languages) as well as ANSI codepages. * Enhancing the performance of DOS application, a critical issue under multi-user environments such as Windows Terminal Servers. * Enhancing the use of keyboard and mouse in DOS applications. * Solving many common Runtime and NTVDM errors. * Solving many display problems. * Allowing full control of memory and environment space provided for the DOS application. * Enhancing the Window display mode, as well as allowing selection of the font used for the display from the Windows font library. * Many more features...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Why not a LInux version ?"
Version: Tao ExDOS 2009 9.0.103
- Probably worthwhile for those people who have not be succesful trying other solutions. My old database still runs perfectly, evn with DOS version of Windows-Xp (and who knows, might even running with Windows7)
- For Windows only
- No Linux version (those users are leaving Windows).
DOSbox (made for games) is the only DOS in Linux. It would have been nice to have a better solution than DOSbox. Maybe ExDos can run with Wine in Linux ?
To think about if you really need to run old DOS applications, and not succesful with other options. My rating does not reflect a judgement about the product itself, but a personal opinion (no test made so far)The trial version I was testing was giving problems with my Azerty keyboard.
Considering the work done, I "hope" that my rating is about appropriate for the product itself.
Updated on Jul 18, 2010
After contacting Support, which was very fast to respond, a coorection was made and a new version was released for download. Meanwhile I had removed the previous version, but uninstall seems to leave quite a lot "leftovers".
Anyway the new version did not seem to support Azerty keyboards as was announced.
Only 2 languages are available : English and Hebrew.
"Excellent solution for all DOS users"
Version: Tao ExDOS 2009 9.0.103
- Easy to use
- Covers all DOS problems on new Windows systems
- Free trial
- Pay-for software. Would've been nice if it was free
Very recommend to try their trial version
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
- Download Type:
- CNET Installer Enabled
About CNET Installer
The CNET Download.com Installer is a tiny ad-supported stub installer or "download manager" that helps securely deliver your downloads from Download.com's servers. We also include offers for carefully screened software that complies with Download.com Software Policies as part of our Installer process. Learn more
- Tao Computing Solutions
- Publisher Web Site
- Release Date
- October 20, 2009
- Date Added
- September 25, 2009
- Operating Systems
- Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008
- Additional Requirements
- Not available
- File Size
- File Name
- Tao ExDOS 2009 Trial WebSetup.exe
- Total Downloads
- Downloads Last Week
- License Model
- Free to try
- 14-day trial
More Products to Consider
- Fix, speed up, maintain, and protect your PC.
- Move, resize, copy, explore, and recover hard disk drive partit...
- Get the latest updates for the software installed on your compu...
- Defragment your disks and improve computer performance and stab...
- Root your Android phone with a simple application.
- Find, preview and restore permanently deleted files.
- Provide a virtual DVD-ROM emulator based on a SCSI miniport dri...
- Speed up, maintain, and protect your PC.
- Scan junk files and delete these junk files in windows system.