CNET Editors' review
StudyMinder is a planner aimed directly at students with variable schedules. With an impressive series of additional options, this program sets itself apart from simple calendaring programs.
At the core of this free 30-day trial is a calendar. Users divide their calendars by semesters or quarters. The calendars even provide countdowns to finals week. By inputting classes and credits, users get a full picture of their scholastic world. The program sends reminders so users do not miss a class.
But, it is the other options that give StudyMinder its legs. Students can enter homework assignments into their calendars and budget time to complete them. In this same option, users can track all of the previous homework grades, quizzes, and test scores. This gives the students a crystal clear picture of their grades and GPA when all the classes are looked at together.
StudyMinder also provides some extra help for hard studiers. The program's study timer allows the student to see just how long they've been hitting the books. In addition, the program is linked to a homework-help section that provides online resources to get answers to tough questions.
StudyMinder works well and is intuitive from the beginning. If users have any questions they can simply drag the question mark over the trouble area and see a full description. This is a great asset for anyone trying to get a better grasp on their school work.
From StudyMinder Software:
The StudyMinder Homework System is an electronic student planner for Windows that helps students of all ages, from middle school and high school to college level, track their grades, prioritize assignments and better manage their study time. StudyMinder shows the total time needed to prepare for school each day and the status of all assignments. Students can even share assignment instructions with classmates. The latest version includes a series of video tutorials to get you started quickly. Take control, get organized and get it done with this powerful student planner.
The StudyMinder Homework System has dozens of features for managing homework that are not available in a general purpose software planner: Track assignments, tests and quizzes, even large projects; See all assignments at a glance - by class, day and week; List assignments by completion date, estimated time, status, type and more; Be reminded about upcoming assignments and projects; Displays the amount of time needed to study for each assignment; View total study time by assignment, class, day and week; Calculates current grade point average for each class. Entering assignments into StudyMinder which takes just a few seconds for each assignment ensures that all important homework information can be found quickly and nothing gets lost or forgotten. StudyMinder gives students power over their schedules and encourages good time management skills.
What's new in this version: Version 4.1.3 includes customizable GPA calculations.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Track your various activities at any period of time.
- Monitor users' activity in real time and record usage history.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Monitor your software and record computer activities of your pr...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Keep track of time spent on daily tasks and find out exactly wh...
- Organize classes or schedules, manage assignments and due dates...
- Organize your day with a great amount of useful features.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Track your work hours.
- Track, manage, and make a report of your time and expenses.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Monitor and record the time you spent working on different proj...
- Manage and organize your schedules, to-do lists, and events wit...
- Get a time card sample code for Microsoft Office Live.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Awesome study planning software for students!"
Version: StudyMinder Homework System 4.1.3
-Provides all the necessary tools needed to organize myself and to help me stay on schedule
-Makes sure that all my homework, assignments, tasks are completed on time
-You can add stuff like upcoming tests, quizzes, reports, events, and more
-The color coding is awesome! By using the color code it was so much faster to know which assignments needed more attention and warned me of upcoming test/quizzes!
There are 3 cons i could think of:
1. Only supports Windows... Doesn't support MAC OS
2. It takes a bit of time (15-20 Min. Max) to familiarize yourself with the software
3. No support for Smartphones - I'd REALLY like to at least be able to see my schedule while I'm on the go. I mean come on this is 2013 after all! This is the ONLY REASON why i didn't give it 5 stars!!! I guess the software was created a few years back.
Overall pretty awesome software. I couldn't really find anything else which was as good. Again, there isn't any app or support for smartphones which is kind of a bummer! Get the trial first (duh!) and if you like it buy it!
I hope my review helped,
"great customer service, helpful in planning study time"
Version: StudyMinder Homework System 4.1.3
user-friendly, great customer service, shows all assignments and orders them in whatever way you want.
I can't think of any cons, this program is amazing!
I had some trouble registering the StudyMinder4 after buying the combo pack of StudyMinder4 and StudyMinder flash cards. for the next two days I got 2 emails a day from them to help me get it registered. it took some time but we got it registered and I am now happily setting up my personal planner with all my college assignments.