CNET Editors' review
SliderDock offers to help users organize and access several programs on the fly. With its smooth menu and its simplicity, SliderDock ensures that anyone can save time and effort by using it.
The program's interface is easy to operate since it only requires the most basic of mouse functions. In fact, it reminded us heavily of a Mac's lower scrolling mechanism, which brings program icons to the foreground. SliderDock appears as a little onscreen bubble that you drag your favorite program icons into. SliderDock simply creates a new shortcut for each program within the bubble, while the original icons stay in place. You simply double-click an icon in SliderDock, and the target program opens and functions just like it normally does. Once you've populated SliderDock with icons, you can scroll through all of your choices using your mouse wheel. SliderDock is sensitive to scrolling speed, and we soon felt in complete control. It's easy to move forward and backward within SliderDock. The program also helps save time with customizable hot keys. You can assign any of SliderDock's functions to a hotkey, which is a great advantage for operating in a hurry. SliderDock is sure to save time for anyone who must frequently shift from a program screen to the desktop to open more programs. SliderDock makes every effort to maximize your computer efficiency by saving you time and effort on the things you do most.
SliderDock is a free program. Its simple operation and timesaving functions earn our high recommendation.
From Dimitri ROOZENDAAL:
SliderDock is a application launcher for windows in the shape of a 3D wheel. This dock focus on making the access to icons easier by making them rotate toward a single focused point on the screen with the use of the mouse wheel. Once an application is launched, the dock will hide itself to not take precious desktop space and will clean its memory use for the smallest RAM footprint when it is not needed. Afterward SliderDock can be recalled with a simple keyboard shortcut. This application launcher is also compatible with skins and icons from other docks for a wide choice of customization.The dock can also be controlled by keyboard and all keyboard shortcuts can be customized. It is also possible to group icons by sets, switching between sets with a simple click on the middle mouse. The dock also has an advance portable mode. When on a memory stick, dragging an application which is found on the same drive will give it a relative path, so even when on a different computer where the drive letter has changed, the dock is still able to find your portable applications and launch them.
What's new in this version: Version 1.22 has added icon information display on the description box and changed the topmost checkbox to a multi choice option.
More Products to Consider
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Put a screensaver that will bring your desktop to life.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- FolderView.Net brings Windows Explorer functionality to your ap...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Make your PC look like OS X with this free launchbar/taskbar pr...
- Hide windows and tray icons in the taskbar/desktop.
- Watch water dropping on your screen.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Change the way Windows looks, and customize browsers and option...
- Organize and launch widgets easily.
- Display an animated penguin on your desktop.
- Modify your desktop with various features.
- Manage various themes, visual styles, wallpapers, icons, and cu...
- Give your program a fresh look.
- Organize and clean your Windows start menu.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Load and display designer desktops on your monitor automaticall...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Good enough for now"
Version: SliderDock 1.22
Easy to use and setup
It is plain and doesn't have a lot of options.
This dock will work for now but, once I have the time to figure out how another dock that I liked works, this one will be uninstalled.
"best application launcher ive used yet"
Version: SliderDock 1.22
-VERY light on system resources. (uses almost no cpu usage while active, and only like 20MB of ram while active, 5MB while hidden)
-Easy to use and set up
-Support for win7 x64
-Not too customizable
As to other reviews, they seem to be outdated.
As i uninstalled just fine with the normal uninstaller (completely clean install, nothing in program files, %program data%, %appdata%, or registry was left over after un-install).
But this dock works great, does just what i need it to (allows me to keep desktop free of clutter, while able to quickly launch applications, scripts, etc with a few clicks).
I have tried rocket dock (doesnt support x64), objectdock free (it has some problems launching 64bit programs, even after changing target address, and also it has very poor hide functionality as well as uses a decent bit of resources), and nexus free which i just remember i hated.