SageTV Media Center lets you watch and record TV shows on your PC. With your SageTV Media Center connected to your TV and an optional remote control you can also watch YouTube video on your TV with a touch of your remote. Integrated program guide lets you easily record a single show or a whole season, search for favorite shows and keyword favorites let users record all shows on a favorite subject like "cooking" or "football". With SageTV Placeshifter enjoy TV with PVR, Online Videos, Music, and Photos on your PC or Mac screen, anytime, anywhere with a broadband or home network connection. Watch your TV at the office, hotel or anywhere. Connect an optional SageTV Media Extender to your TV and your wired or wireless home network to enjoy TV and PVR with YouTube video, Music and Photos on any TV screen at home. SageTV Media Extender makes no noise and multiple extenders are supported. SageTV also lets you convert your TV recordings to play on iPod, iPhone, RAZR.
Version 6.1.9 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 6.1.9 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Record videos from analog A/V and TV tuner capture devices.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Capture images from webcam.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Watch your favorite TV shows, movies, sports, and cartoons onli...
- Stream online video to your PC and manage your music and video ...
- Remove annoying commercials in TV shows easily.
- Manage different multimedia files from a remote computer.
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Listen to and record music from Internet radio and watch Intern...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Watch video from your TV Tuner with advanced deinterlacing tech...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Display video from your WinTV tuner.
- Get the latest Windows drivers for your WinTV USB device.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert any of your video files into Zune format.
- Collect and distribute your multimedia files on CD-ROM, Interne...
- Play YouTube video files from the Web or your local folders, pl...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 22 votes
Current version:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Tried then ALL and this IS THE BEST by far"
Version: SageTV 6.1.9
flexible unlimited tuners- analogue, digital, satelite cable
auto favourite recording
once set-up easy to use
can use extenders to
flexible player - very robust handles files other players cannot
handles HD satelite and cable
not idiot proof takes a little time to setup although once setup it is easy to use every day
won't do radio
no fast forward just jump/skip forward
screen doesn't look as good as vista media center video playback is just as good though
If you like the tivo/ dvr /sky+ way of watching television and only record the occassional tele program some of the other software epsecially the free stuff is probably OK - however if you enjoy your television If you want more than 2 two tuners in europe or 4 tuners in USA this is the only realistic option - it's not constrained like other software so you can get your television how you want it. It should definately be on your short list of vidoe software to try
"The Best I Found"
Version: SageTV 6.1.9
This has replaced my TiVo with a fully upgradeable server-based media system. In addition to the PVR functionality I can watch my backed-up DVDs from a library on a HDD. Add new clients and I use multiple computer/TVs to watch the same content from other locations another room or another city! The setup isn't plug-and-play, but it's a lot easier than others I tried (like MythTv). It's also the only solution I know of that comes in Windows, Linux, and Mac. I'm very pleased (v6.x).
The default interface is a bit to complex and ugly, but it's upgradeable. I like the SageMC replacement which adds a nice look and a lot of the add-ons that the active user community has provided. You can also make your own using SageStudio.
"ok, but not great"
Version: SageTV 6.1.9
it was good looking and you could have it rather full screen or half screen. You could also watch videos from youtube or google
picture quality wasnt good, and at some parts a bit laggy