Renamerox is the simple way to rename, copy and move hundreds or thousands of files or folders with a single Drag-and-Drop using presets.
When you want to prepare files or folders for your website, blog, and backups, or when you need to organize or duplicate files, or when you make copies of your audio and image files for your iPod or iPhone, you spend valuable time copying and renaming each item by hand.
Renamerox is an universal binary application that renames, copies or moves your files and folders with a powerful engine, making your daily work flow easier. You no longer need to alter each file or folder by hand.
Why navigate through all the folders on your hard disk?
Renamerox supports drag-and-drop. An intelligent Drag-and-Drop engine makes the application easy to use. Drop as many files as you want or a folder that contains hundreds or thousands of files to the main window or to the application icon to rename, copy and move your files and folders.
In order to have different settings for different jobs, use a preset (pre-defined setting) for each job.
The powerful renaming engine allows you to:
- set a new name with index, prefix and suffix.
- add a prefix and suffix.
- add a prefix.
- add a suffix.
- add random digits as prefix.
- add random digits as suffix.
- replace a piece of the name.
- set or to change the file-extension.
- convert the file name to small or cap letters.
- convert the file name to Titlecase.
- truncate some letters from left or right.
- create a new name with Roman Numerals index, prefix and suffix.
- add Roman Numerals as prefix and suffix.
- add a string to a position you wish.
Undoing the renaming process reverts to the original names of the items.
When you drop files or folders on the Renamerox application icon, Renamerox will start up and will immediately begin the job. If the checkbox "Quit after Job" is checked in the preferences, Renamerox will quit automatically after the job is finished.
Renamerox offers several additional options to optimize the renaming process.
What's new in this version:
- The file list has the standard blue color now.
- The preset list has also the standard blue color now.
- In the finder list view, the application can be sorted by version now.
- Added the ability to add a string to a position you wish.
- Added a coressponding menu.