From Business Spreadsheets:
The Portfolio Optimization template identifies the optimal capital weightings for a portfolio of financial investments that gives the highest return for the lowest risk based on the return risk profile and correlation between individual investments. The design of the portfolio optimization model enables it to be applied to either financial instrument or business stream portfolios. The portfolio optimization template is intuitive and flexible with help icons throughout to assist with input and interpretation of output results. Input of historical data for the analysis is supported by options to specify absolute prices or returns, number of current units held and a tool to download long time periods of financial market data for securities from the internet. Advanced optimization options include setting minimum and maximum constraints for weightings in the optimal portfolio and risk analysis options for overall volatility under the Sharpe ratio, downside risk or semi-deviation under the Sortino ratio and gain/loss under the Omega ratio. Optimization analyzes the probability of attaining a target return via Monte Carlo simulation. The portfolio optimization results are displayed with weighting charts and return distributions as well as acquisition and liquidation actions required. The optimization process saves possible portfolios along the extremities of the efficient frontier. Pivotal profiles for minimum and maximum return, risk, and ratios can be subsequently loaded for analysis. Technical analysis is provided with back tested total return from signal trading and automatic optimization of technical period constants for each investment or the total portfolio that results in the highest back tested return. Technical analysis indicators with detailed charting and back testing analysis include simple moving average (SMA), rate of change (ROC), moving average convergence/divergence (MACD), relative strength index (RSI) and Bollinger Bands. The template is compatible with Excel 97-2013 for Windows and Excel 2011 or 2004 for Mac as a cross platform portfolio optimization solution.
What's new in this version:
- Convergence algorithm with folding to accurately identify pivotal portfolios around the efficient frontier.
- Ability to select portfolios after optimization for maximum and minimum risk, return and ratios as well as custom profiles.
- Support for mixed long/short position portfolios as starting and optimized portfolios.
- Include a benchmark index or investment for comparative and benchmarking analysis.
- Perform a rolling back test of periodic optimizations ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- Themeable GTD to-do list app with cloud sync.
- Track and monitor all your income and expenses quickly and easi...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Get stock market quotes from almost any stock exchange in the w...
- Directly edit the Apple address book database file.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Gesture-controlled to-do list app that's just plain simple.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Screenshot tool with important features for frequent screen sho...
- Alternative to other mileage tracking apps that require recordi...
- Provide an ultra-flexible sequence editor and feature decorator...
- Puts your calendar directly on your desktop, so it's always ava...
- Personal task management.
- Additional features for many emulators.
- Z80 assembler.
- Personal journal with blogging and video support.
- Automatically encrypts, saves and syncs notes via Dropbox on th...
- Get a numerological analysis tool.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: