From Limit Point Software:
MoveCM is a menu bar application, service and contextual menu item for moving, copying, aliasing, hard linking and archiving (zip compressing) files and folders quickly into common folders. i.e. without the need to drag and drop them, use aliases, etc. It is a generalization of the Finder's "Move to Trash" contextual menu item, you can apply it to any folder you like. Use the System Preference pane to specify destination folders. The menu bar application or contextual menu will then consist of menu items that correspond to these destinations. Control click on one or more files and/or folders in the Finder, select a destination from the menu, and the files and/or folders will be moved (copied, archived) to that destination. You have the option, specified in the preference pane, to have the destination folder opened for you after the operation completes. You also have the option of having the menu items in the contextual menu named after the destination folder, or by its pathname.
MoveCM is part of the Limit Point Software Utilities Bundle : http://www.limit-point.com/Utilities.html. Purchase a Utilities password to activate all the utilities, including MoveCM. Updates are free, new products included!
Note: MoveCM exists as several alternative forms. The reason is that Mac OS X 10.6 changed the way contextual menus should be implemented, namely as services. Since the "old style" CM's no longer work in 10.6, MoveMBI and MoveService have been created.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Quick app launcher.
- Show/hide/open/delete invisible files and folders.
- Access frequently used applications from your menu bar.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- File compression utility similar to DropTar.
- Delete files and folders without putting them in the trash.
- Solve mathematical expressions even inside other apps as a serv...
- Deletes files' and folders' custom icons.
- Display any folder as a shelf on your desktop.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Been using the free version years. It's very good."
Version: MoveCM 1.0.14
Old version won't run in 10.6 without a password so make a donation
The vendor takes the money but does not issue passwords
Don't give this vendor any money.
"Well, it almost works"
Version: MoveCM 1.0
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I anxiously await a Leopard release of FruitMenu to do my moving of files for me. When I saw this little CM utility, I thought I'd give it a try. Well, it doesn't MOVE your file to another location, only copies it. Because it does fill an important need, I'm giving it 3 stars. If it actually moved the file rather than copy, I'd tack on at least another.