CNET Editors' note: The Company was renamed in Jan 2008, as OrgBusiness Software.
CNET Editors' review
A good appointment system is one of the most important pieces of the puzzle when it comes to keeping a busy medical practice running smoothly. Medical Calendar is a basic program that lets users keep track of appointments for multiple providers within a practice. It's not the most sophisticated or full-featured program we've seen, but it does work well for what it is.
The program's interface is attractive and fairly easy to navigate. We liked that users could enter multiple medical providers and choose from a variety of avatars, making them easy to identify at a glance. It's also easy to enter new patients, although we thought that the patient info field was lacking; all patient information, including address, date of birth, and insurance information, goes into one big text field, which could easily become disorganized. The program does provide multiple types of calendar views, including daily, weekly, and monthly views, and separate calendars for each provider make it easy to keep everything straight. We think the biggest drawback to Medical Calendar when compared with other medical scheduling software is that it provides absolutely no integration with other medical record-keeping applications; there is no way to get information from Medical Calendar into a patient's chart, look up prescription information, or check account balances. This may not be a problem for small practices where most record-keeping tasks are done manually, but users looking for info sharing or automation will want to look elsewhere.
Medical Calendar installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Medical Calendar 4.5. The trial version is limited to 14 days.
From OrgBusiness Software:
Medical Calendar is a doctor-oriented scheduler with a handy navigation system. It's highly flexible, allows changing time intervals, creating numerous profiles and viewing multiple schedules at a time. You can also password protect information, create backups, and export the schedule to Outlook, XML, HTML, XLS, and TXT formats. Additionally Medical Calendar comes with the feature-rich Print Designer for printing your schedule in a convenient way.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Track the time you work on each project.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Organize your family, association, club, and/or business group ...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Manage, organize, synchronize, remove duplicates, and validate ...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage a traditional Chinese medicine clinic and its patients.
- Track employee training records and requirements.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Keep records of K9 usage, training, medical, certification, and...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Manage details of your card collection.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Store and organize your favorite URLs in any browser.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Store your passwords, logins, and hyperlinks in an encrypted fi...
- Bring your passwords to order with a tree structure and a stron...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Manages tasks, notes, and files, generate schedule flowchart an...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A good looking and easy to use program."
Version: Medical Calendar 4.2
A good looking and easy to use program.
A good looking and easy to use program. This is a great program and easy to understand its features.
A good looking and easy to use program.
"Couldn't get it to work"
Version: Medical Calendar 4.0
It looked promising. The interface was clear and it had multiple features, including search.
After I installed and ran it for the first time, on subsequent uses it kept giving me a database error and erasing all my entries (WinXP sp2), despite uninstalling it and reinstalling after downloading from different sources.
Based on my experience I can't recommend it , though if you can get it to work, it looks like good software.