Designed for researchers, transcriptionists, and film and video professionals who work with extensive audio and video data, InqScribe features a flexible editing environment, QuickTime and Windows Media support, foot pedal support, customizable keyboard shortcuts for controlling media playback and inserting repetitive text, and a range of import and export options. InqScribe transcripts contain embedded timecodes that allow instant access to arbitrary times within the media file. Extensive subtitling support make it easy to generate captioned media from transcript files. Unregistered versions of InqScribe have limited functionality; users may request free, time-limited evaluation licenses to explore the full capabilities of the application.
What's new in this version:
- Fix an issue where a corrupted backup file could hang InqScribe indefinitely.
- Better handling of low-ASCII control characters when exporting to Final Cut Pro XML.
- Better preflight validation of Final Cut Pro XML exports, which should prevent errors once the file is imported into Final Cut Pro.
- All export formats better report errors during the export process, instead of failing silently.
- Minor documentatio... See all new features »