CNET Editors' review
Software that captures screen views, keystrokes, and other PC activity tends to be either freeware -- often beefed-up screenshot tools that are perfectly fine for social media -- or premium tools you can use to create manuals, instructional videos, tutorials, and presentations. Solveig's HyperCam definitely falls into the latter category. It's shareware that is free to try for 21 days, though output files have a digital watermark that is removed in the full version. HyperCam is compact and easy to use, but it can record an editable view of your desktop, windows, cursor movements, and other activity in files you can share online or use to create all kinds of digital presentations. It can also record just sound or video. HyperCam requires DirectX 8.0 Runtime or higher. Recent updates include an updated Media Editor, optimized startup speed, and Windows 8 certification.
HyperCam's compact interface has a unique and stylish look that minimizes to the Taskbar, not with a mere icon but with something much cooler: a tiny control set that lets you quickly activate and stop the recording tool, take screenshots, lock the view, and restore the program. The layout displays two tabs, Record and Options; clicking the Options tab toggles open a second, equally colorful and stylish dialog box for configuring Video, Audio, and Interface options as well as Extras like a feature that adds starburst effects to mouse clicks for better visibility, or a slider for mouse click sounds. At the bottom, expanding panels access Help (via the program's Web site) as well as Screen Notes and Recent Records, each with small but welcome preview windows.
HyperCam is easy to use, thanks to the Record section's quick-access Region, Fullscreen, and Window selection tools, which use red outlines and placeholders and give quick access to individual options such as a drop-down list of Windows or the Region tool's Start X and Y coordinates. Clicking the large Record button started things off. File quality is excellent with the registered version, which removes the watermark. We could save recordings as AVI, ASF, or WMV files. HyperCam proved an impressive tool, and actually quite affordable, too.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of HyperCam 3.5.1211.29. The trial version is limited to 21 days.
From Solveig Multimedia:
HyperCam is screen cast and editing tool that is low-cost smart and easy to use piece of software. It is intended to record screen actions, video and sound being played back on PC and edit captured files. Creating video presentations, tutorials, movies or games recording for professional purposes or just for fun are simple tasks with HyperCam. HyperCam captures cursor movements, menus selections, windows popping up, and everything else you see on the screen. Allow you to pan the recorded area around the screen. Optionally annotates recorded movies with text. Fast and lossless trimming and joining output files gets available with HyperCam Media Editor.Features: - Saving the records as .AVI, WMV or ASF files. - The built-in Media Editor. - Hotkeys to start, to pause, to stop recording and to take snapshots. - Easy area selection. Panning mode: the capture area follows the cursor. - Optional pop-up text boxes. - Optional sound recording. Ability to disable cursor recording. Ability to grab video in overlay mode. - Recording and mixing two audio channels: a microphone and system audio (useful for internet calls recording ) - Implemented adjustable audio time shift feature, to fix 'out of sync' problem. - Now a border follows a moving window in 'Select Window' mode. - Implemented drag and drop feature for 'Recent Records' window. Detection of necessary - DirectX and Windows Media runtime while installing. Localization into Russian language. - Possibility to set the speed of recording and playback. - Support Windows Media audio codecs that helps to improve sound recording. - Support HuffYUV and Lagarith codec that helps to get more high quality records. The main advantages of HyperCam 3 over HyperCam 2: - Able to record Skype video and audio calls - New skinned user-friendly interface. - Able to grab video in overlay mode. - Able to edit captured video with HyperCam Media Editor. - Able to encode captured sound. Useful, tiny HyperCam tray tool-bar. Visual managing by recently recorded clips. - Ability to choose audio channel.
What's new in this version: Version 3.5 adds the following new features:
- Optimized startup speed;
- Updated HyperCam Media Editor;
- Skinned Activation dialog.
More Products to Consider
- Record full screen or any area of the desktop screen with mouse...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Record screen activities to video & convert and join videos or ...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Display your AVI, MPG, MPEG, DAT, WMV, or ASF file as a screens...
- Capture and save sound and video clips under the AVI format.
- Capture DirectX or OpenGL gameplay, PC screen, Webcam, streamin...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- View, edit, and manage images and create slide shows, albums, a...
- Record the full screen, window, or fixed region to AVI or WMV f...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Perform video-game benchmark tests or take screenshots and vide...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Record screen activities and sounds into AVI video file.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Record your desktop activities and speech from microphone real ...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Record your screen activities to AVI files in real time.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works great but too much adware!"
Version: HyperCam 3.5.1211.29
The software itself works fantastic
Installed 4 other adware programs and changed my browser homepage.
There is other software out there that won't crud up your pc.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content