GrupaDupa was created by people like you who want their hard disks free of duplicated files without spending ages in front of a computer. After extensive search and testing of available duplicate detection software we decided to write our own with emphasis on speed and ease of use -- and thus GrupaDupa was born. We dicovered that most of our duplicated files were named the same and stored more than once in different folders. We decided to optimize GrupaDupa to find those files quickly and without having to set up any preferences. This is therefore our default search.
GrupaDupa will find duplicates in any available volume in a flash. This includes hard disks, both internal and external, and any volume on your local network or on the internet. For example, GrupaDupa scanned the entire contents of one of WordPower's hard drives (126,963,803 files), filtered out all the files that were contained in folders like bundles, themes. packages etc but appeared as files, sorted them and listed 6,658 possible duplicated files. This operation took only 45 seconds to complete.
When GrupaDupa is run, it scans the requested location and presents you with a list of the possible duplicates it has found. From this list you can inspect the details of each of them, including its location, size, modification date, and checksum. You can also work with a duplicate right from our interface by opening it with its associated application, revealing it in the Finder, viewing it using Quick Look, or deleting it. A small job well done.
What's new in this version: Better Fiwi integration so you can use it when revealing files. (Fiwi is another WordPower application to help manage Finder windows
Tested with Mountain Lion 10.8.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Edit your images with simple and powerful tools.
- Screen capture utility.
- Administration of software projects.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Copy path, filename, extension, etc. of a file, folder, volume ...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Image effects processing app.
- Make pseudo copies of files and folders;. a pseudo file is an e...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Diffs/merges local/FTP/SCC files/folders 3-way with syntax colo...
- Data recovery software.
- Make recent files and their information available in the Apple ...
- Uninstall apps easily.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Excellent, much better than version 2"
Version: GrupaDupa 3.0
Much improved in version 3. Well worth the price.
None so far.
I love GrupaDupa. In version 3 you can limit the search to any size, filter out any file name, extension or folder you do not wish to search, drag and drop, quick look. I love it.
"Excellent, much improved!"
Version: GrupaDupa 3.0
Version does 3 is awesome. Developer listened to users and delivered just about all their requests.
Could not find any.
This apple is growing stronger and stronger. It is fast, easy to use and its interface is clear and well designed.
"Waste of time."
Version: GrupaDupa 2.0.4
None at all.
The main selling point in the publisher's description is the speed at which this program finds duplicate files. BIG problem though. It only looks at the file names and extension. This means extra time is spent by the user trying to sort out the true duplicates.
The publisher's description states the program found 6,658 duplicates from over 126 million files on one of their hard drives in 45 seconds. If this program returned accurate results this would impress me. What's the point of a program performing a task quickly if the quickness is at the expense of the user having to spend a lot of time sorting through the results? Isn't the point of a program to do the brunt of the work for the user?
This program is way too basic but still has potential if the publisher chooses to add the ability for the program to toss out files that don't have at least one other aspect in common (exact file size for example). As it stands now you'd have to compare that information manually which takes too much time if you're dealing with a significant number of files.
Version: GrupaDupa 2.0
Wait seconds not minutes
none found works well
I could never wait minutes for programs to report duplicate files, with GrupaDupa it;s seconds and a pleasure.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: