CNET Editors' reviewDespite a few omissions, this program still stands as a handy tool for anyone who plans a garden or landscape from the ground up. The bright, welcoming interface is a snap to understand, and, though you won't find a step-by-step wizard, the animated introduction quickly brings you up to speed.
Operating the program is equally painless. You simply drag and drop shrubs, trees, flowers, buildings, paving, and ponds into a large grid and lay them out as you like. You can change the foliage color and zoom in or out on your garden. However, we wish the program included several templates for houses so you could spatially arrange the garden around it. We also would like the developer to give us a few sample garden layouts.
Still, we think Garden Planner can be useful for a number of folks, whether they're new home owners, landscape architects, or just gardening enthusiasts.
From Artifact Interactive:
Design your dream garden. Arrange plants, trees, buildings and objects using an easy- to- use drag and- drop interface. Use simple tools to crate paths, fences and paving. Then produce a high quality color print out or image of your design. A quick way to produce a professional garden plan.
More Products to Consider
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Design and visualize your ideas on landscaping.
- Design your rooms and plan your gardens.
- Take a photo of your property and design the landscape.
- Create a media database containing all your collections.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Draw the plan of your home and view the result in a 3D view.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Design your own home plans, and view, navigate, and share image...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Plan your garden and manage garden plants.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Grow and care for a virtual plant.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Design landscapes in 3D and show a real-life picture of how the...
- Decorate your own virtual garden with flowers, bushes, sculptur...
- Drive mosquitoes away with your PC by playing an ultra sound.
- Create photo-realistic designs and presentations of your landsc...
- Create a structured action plan from a SWOT analysis.
- Let high-resolution photos of Grand Canyon National Park change...
All versions:2.4 stars
out of 24 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Potentially useful, but difficult to use"
Version: Garden Planner 188.8.131.52
Creates a pretty diagram on-screen
- Cannot define a 'lot' or give dimensions to your - area.
- Cannot place 'buildings' on your lot/area.
- Objects such as patios, driveways, etc. are defined from their center, not the top left corner, so it is difficult to line them up.
- Trial is lame.
I was able to make some progress toward drawing my yard, but it was quite difficult and I felt like I was fighting the program the whole way.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: