CNET Editors' review
Keeping an inventory of what's in your home is a good idea that many people don't think of until it's too late. Even those who do make an effort to inventory their possessions are often put off by the size of the task, the necessity of keeping up with it, and results that leave a lot to be desired. Frostbow Home Inventory 5 Lite makes it easy to record an ongoing inventory of your possessions, what shape they're in, what they cost, and what they're worth. Everything about Frostbow Home Inventory will help ease the process when property is lost, stolen, destroyed, damaged, sold, transferred, bequeathed, or inherited.
The clearly configured interface opens with a sample record that gives a quick feel for what's entered and how. Drop-down lists include many manufacturers' names, retail stores, and other frequently used items. You can record warranty information, serial numbers, and identifying marks, and even attach images of the item, or scanned receipts and other documents. You can head off future family squabbles by designating an heir for each item. It'll generate charts and reports, too. Since an inventory that's lost with your possessions won't do you much good, it's a simple matter to make backups and store them online or remotely.
Frostbow Home Inventory downloads, installs, and operates quickly, smoothly, and robustly, since it's more or less a database program optimized toward a particular use. Like any decent house guest, it asks before it does things you might not like, such as installing icons. And it's free, so there's no excuse not to use it to protect your home and possessions.
From Frostbow Software:
Frostbow Home Inventory 5 Lite is a database program for cataloging, organizing, and tracking your household possessions. It is easy to use with extensive on-line help. Twenty-three separate fields for inputting descriptive data on each item in your home inventory, including photos and additional description and comments. Files created with the Lite version are compatible with the Pro version if you decide to upgrade.
More Products to Consider
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Keep track of all your information about technology equipment.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Organize inventories and create catalogs for virtually any item...
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Catalog and record information about your collections.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Control and audit data on your Web site.
- Achieve supreme organization of your home movie library.
- Organize your collection of comics on your Windows PC.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- View your entire MDB structure in a hierarchical explorer-style...
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Create and manage a database of information from your bicycle r...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Get quick access to your personal data.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- View samples of useful database queries.
- Import, export, validate, and transform your data.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"All data corrupted after a week, all lost, uninstalled."
Version: Frostbow Home Inventory 5 Lite 5.2.7
Easy to use, but.....
Will not retain data, all was lost after a week. The files were there but would not open.
Not worth the effort of inputting data