CNET Editors' review
Keeping an inventory of what's in your home is a good idea that many people don't think of until it's too late. Even those who do make an effort to inventory their possessions are often put off by the size of the task, the necessity of keeping up with it, and results that leave a lot to be desired. Frostbow Home Inventory 5 Lite makes it easy to record an ongoing inventory of your possessions, what shape they're in, what they cost, and what they're worth. Everything about Frostbow Home Inventory will help ease the process when property is lost, stolen, destroyed, damaged, sold, transferred, bequeathed, or inherited.
The clearly configured interface opens with a sample record that gives a quick feel for what's entered and how. Drop-down lists include many manufacturers' names, retail stores, and other frequently used items. You can record warranty information, serial numbers, and identifying marks, and even attach images of the item, or scanned receipts and other documents. You can head off future family squabbles by designating an heir for each item. It'll generate charts and reports, too. Since an inventory that's lost with your possessions won't do you much good, it's a simple matter to make backups and store them online or remotely.
Frostbow Home Inventory downloads, installs, and operates quickly, smoothly, and robustly, since it's more or less a database program optimized toward a particular use. Like any decent house guest, it asks before it does things you might not like, such as installing icons. And it's free, so there's no excuse not to use it to protect your home and possessions.
From Frostbow Software:
Frostbow Home Inventory 5 Lite is a database program for cataloging, organizing, and tracking your household possessions. It is easy to use with extensive on-line help. Twenty-three separate fields for inputting descriptive data on each item in your home inventory, including photos and additional description and comments. Files created with the Lite version are compatible with the Pro version if you decide to upgrade.
More Products to Consider
- Create a media database containing all your collections.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Keep track of all your information about technology equipment.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Process your bulk auction listings CSV or tab delimited files.
- Organize and manage detailed list of your possessions.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Organize inventories and create catalogs for virtually any item...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Catalog and record information about your collections.
- Maintain a music database for cataloging CDs, MP3, and iTunes.
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Control and audit data on your Web site.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Organize and manage your data with this flexible data-inventory...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Organize your collection of comics on your Windows PC.
- Drive mosquitoes away with your PC by playing an ultra sound.
- Achieve supreme organization of your home movie library.
- View your entire MDB structure in a hierarchical explorer-style...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"All data corrupted after a week, all lost, uninstalled."
Version: Frostbow Home Inventory 5 Lite 5.2.7
Easy to use, but.....
Will not retain data, all was lost after a week. The files were there but would not open.
Not worth the effort of inputting data