CNET Editors' review
Freeway Pro is a Web site design and maintenance tool that offers professional-level features without requiring any coding knowledge.
Freeway's Mac-style, multipane interface should feel familiar to users of other design programs, with its simple toolbar, a list of your site's pages in a pane on the left (including master pages), a main window showing the current selected page, and numerous floating palettes for formatting and settings. Less experienced Web designers will find a lot to like here, including Freeway's customizable templates, WYSIWYG and drag-and-drop editing, and the way the app handles everything code-related in the background, from integrating shopping carts to optimizing images and dynamically managing links. More experienced web designers will like the improved upload abilities (with support for SFTP and FTP-SSL) and how Freeway puts a premium on creating standards-compliant code (including fast CSS-based menus).
With its comprehensive feature set and numerous tutorials--including several related to building sites for iOS devices--Freeway is a solid all-around Web design tool for pro users regardless of skill level. More casual users might want to check out the lower-powered (and cheaper) Freeway Express.
From Softpress Systems:
A purpose-built page layout application for the Web, Freeway gives you all the legendary ease-of-use and features that launched the desktop publishing revolution. Quickly and effortlessly lay out your website, embed images and content, then publish your work as clean, standards-compliant HTML, and upload to your server, to .Mac, or to a folder. Freeway's smart about publishing - it'll only upload only your changes, saving you lots of time.
Let Freeway handle the heavy lifting.
Multimedia is a snap: embed Flash, QuickTime, YouTube content and more in seconds. E-commerce? Freeway comes with a free solution that allows you to make everything catalog pages right through to your shopping cart.
With excellent free and responsive telephone and email technical support, Freeway is the tool of choice for serious web designers, or anyone who wants to express themselves on the Web.
You supply the creativity. Freeway handles the code.
Freeway 5.5.1 is a paid-for upgrade available from the Softpress store.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed an issue with the Action "Big Prompt" dialog which prevented the contents of the text view being saved when running in non-English languages
- The Blogger Posts Action now outputs comments styling correctly
- The Blogger Action no longer converts the wrong style element to a b:skin element
- Disabled formatted text for Markup Items and Page HTML Markup
- Fixed a problem that could cause a program error when reading documents containing large chunk... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create high-quality websites without coding.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Create blogs, photo albums, and podcasts.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Simple and themeable site publishing app.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Drag & drop XHTML & CSS web design.
- FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3 client.
- Create beveled buttons and banners for your Web pages and prese...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Create stunning Flash banners with your images in a few clicks.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 97 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Freeway Pro can is for beginners and coding gurus!"
Version: Freeway Pro 6.1.2
Easy to start using.
Can be used to create any kind of web site that is needed, from a one person operation to multinational corporations.
Create blogs, galleries, research, databases, and on and on.
Access to all kinds of actions to facilitate other capabilities.
Softpress has established a very vast and useful user forum.
Once you get past the basics it can be a steep learning curve. It just depends on how far the individual wants to take it.
Try it for starters you may wind up- in a new career with this great tool!