CNET Editors' review
There are plenty of encryption tools out there that let users encrypt files and protect them with passwords for enhanced security. Encoding Decoding Free is a simple program that lets users easily encrypt and decode files. It's definitely not the most sophisticated program we've ever seen, but it seems to work fairly well if your needs are simple.
The program's interface is basic and fairly easy to figure out. Users can either manually select the file they want to encrypt from within the program, or simply drag and drop the file onto the large padlock image on the program's interface. Next, the program prompted us to select a password; it evaluated the strength of the password as low, medium, or high as we typed. Once that was done, the program took a few seconds to encrypt or file and save it in the original source folder. Decrypting the file was a matter of simply repeating the steps: selecting the file, entering the password, and giving the program a few seconds to do its thing. Encoding Decoding Free doesn't have much in the way of documentation, and it gave us at least one alert message that was in a foreign language. We'd also like to know some specifics about the type of encryption that the program uses. We're not sure we'd recommend Encoding Decoding Free to protect government secrets, but for the average home user, it's probably an adequate choice.
Encoding Decoding Free installs and uninstalls without issues.
Encoding Decoding Free is an application that allows you to encode and decode any type of file. Encoding decoding can be used to hide all the sensitive and important data from prying eyes. It features coding of any type of files, integrating windows explorer to explore more rapidly, creating one password for decoding (as well as the hidden internal), secure encryption of login passwords, PIN numbers, and serial codes. It cannot be cracked using the "Brute Force" method. (If the password is wrong does not show the classic error message intercepted by the crackers, but is decoded in the wrong way and the file will appear illegible).
What's new in this version: Version 3.2.9 has removed some unnecessary files to the program.
More Products to Consider
- Encrypt or decrypt any type of file.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Encrypt and decrypt text and files.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Encrypt or decrypt extremely large files.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Make your graphics look better with an easy-to-use JPEG 2000 de...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Manage your passwords, files, and folders with strong encryptio...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Decode multiple QR codes found in image files.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Encrypt and decrypt text and files for your program application...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Encrypt shared data using this tool.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Convert audio files from MP3 format to WAV and vice versa.
- Protect your files with encryption.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content