Dropbox works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences. Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked to your account. Green checkmarks will appear on top of your files to let you know that they're synced and up to date. All data is transferred over SSL and encrypted with AES-256 before storage. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents.
What's new in this version:
- Double clicking the Dropbox icon in the System Tray opens the Dropbox folder on Windows.
- Improved network utilization on downloads for fast internet connections.
- More hiding options for the Badge - now you can hide with a click for one window. To bring it back, simply reopen the file.
- Easily move files into Dropbox with the Badge [this option appears on saving a file, and is being rolled out to a subset of users]
- Now, for shared files, the B... See all new features »