Dropbox works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences. Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked to your account. Green checkmarks will appear on top of your files to let you know that they're synced and up to date. All data is transferred over SSL and encrypted with AES-256 before storage. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents.
What's new in this version:
- Improved network utilization on uploads for fast internet connections.
- New Windows Installer with helper for updates.
- Windows native shared folder dialogs.
- Faster rename detection.
- Windows: User configuration data is stored in AppData\Local on fresh install (instead of AppData\Roaming).
- Upgraded to Python 2.7.9.
- Fix issues with view-only shared folder icons on OS X.