CNET Editors' review
Disketch Disk Label Software lets you import images or your own designs for developing more custom made CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disk labels. Even though it doesn't offer too many options it's easy to use and could help you create disk labels on your own in just a few, easy steps.
During the installation, Disketch Disk Label Software tries to download a bunch of companion apps and toolbars. Skip the toolbars as you certainly don't need these, but perhaps consider downloading companion apps such as PhotoPad Image Editor or Express Burn CD Burner. Once the installation completes, the program will ask you how you wish to begin. You can choose to read the "Getting Started" guide, open an existing project, or create a new one. The program's layout mimics a CD so you can easily map out what you want your final copy to look like. You can't actually draw designs or anything else with this program. It only lets you add images, input text, and choose background colors. Additionally, it can add details such as album title, artist name, and track list. If you already have your artwork, this app makes it very easy to turn it into a final product.
For anyone who needs to create CD labels quickly, Disketch Disk Label Software seems like an ideal option. It's quick, easy to use, and gets the job done. This program is suitable for all users, even the ones without any previous experience in label design.
From NCH Software:
Disketch CD and DVD disc labeling software for Windows allows you to create CD and DVD labels and covers for jewel cases. Import your own art work, or set a simple background color, organize artist information along with track lists. Creating professional quality CD and DVD labels is done within minutes with Disketch.
What's new in this version: Version 3.07 contains general updates and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Create CD or DVD labels and jewel case covers.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
- Play and record MIDI files with a piano simulation.
- Create labels to individual sections of an audio file for easy ...
- Convert DVD movies to AVI, VCD, SVCD video files.
- Disketch is a free CD and DVD disc labeling software for Mac.
- Play DVD, VCD, SVCD movies with many features, such as DTS, S/P...
- Add closed captioning and subtitles for your AVI, MPEG, and DIV...
- Convert RM to MP3, MPEG to MP3, and other video to audio format...
- Automate recurring tasks with macro recorder.
- Create labels, covers, and booklets for your CDs, DVDs and Blu-...
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Disc Label Outline Invisible"
Version: Disketch Disc Label Software Free 3.01
Has some nice features.
The dick label outline, when selected, does not show clearly when I print a CD label. This is not a printer problem, since Roxio's Label Creator displays disc outline that are easy to see.
The inability to print clear disc outlines is a deal breaker for me.
Version: Disketch Disc Label Software Free 2.11
fits the needs that I use it foe
None as of yet
"Too much of a good thing?"
Version: Disketch Disc Label Software Free 1.11
It seems to have a lot of features
I couldn't get it to insert an image on the CD label. It comes with a bunch of other bundled software I wasn't even expecting. I ended up uninstalling all of them, which were mostly not needed.
It may do what you want but be prepared to spend some time on it.