From Mark of the Unicorn:
Digital Performer is an integrated digital audio and MIDI sequencing production system. It provides a comprehensive environment for editing, arranging, mixing, processing and mastering multitrack audio projects for a wide variety of applications. Digital Performer allows you to simultaneously record and playback multiple tracks of digital audio and MIDI data in a totally integrated, creative environment. Digital Performer's award-winning multitrack sequencer design, combined with nondestructive digital audio editing capabilities, provide you with unprecedented flexibility and control over the audio you create.
What's new in this version: This maintenance release includes expanded control surface and MIDI device configuration options, improved waveform overview construction, and more, as well as features and enhancements first introduced in DP 7.1 and earlier. Improved control surface configuration options enable the use of applications such as Saitara Software's AC-7 applications for iPhone and iPad.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Music notation: notate, edit, play back, publish music.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Bongiovi DPS makes everything sound better! Use DPS to make you...
- Music creation & production system.
- Improve sound quality from headphones, internal, or external sp...
- Fulfill you synthesis and sound-design dreams.
- Capture audio from external audio sources with a completely new...
- Stereo audio loops, MIDI recordings, and drum kit sounds of fam...
- Create, edit & print sheet music.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Rock Solid Professional Audio and MIDI software package"
Version: Digital Performer 7.12
It keeps getting better with each version. MOTU have created a very intuitive interface with excellent integration in OSX 10.6. The bundled plugins are very useable and almost all major 3rd party plugins and instruments are available for purchase.
There is not much I dislike about DP 7.2. I would like to see some improvement in the time stretching algorithm, but since I don't use this very often, it is not a deal breaker. If I need to I can use Izotope Radius with Logic if I have to.
The current version (7.2) is very stable with CPU efficient plugins bundled. I have tried almost all the other platforms, and although they are all excellent, I find the user interface the most accessible in my opinion. It's also what you get used to, and I have been using it professionally since the MIDI only days of Performer 2 in 1988. I have used it live and in the studio since then. The program has never let me down, although my Macs have needed repair or replacement at times. MOTU keeps the program current and very competitive with other offerings, and has a responsive support staff when I have needed them. I use several 3rd party plugins and virtual instruments from Spectrasonics and Izoptope to Waves and Native Instruments with very stable results once again. Function and reliability are very important to me and MOTU have delivered a product with both with a very nice assortment of 3rd party additions available if your not happy with one or more of the bundled plugins etc.