Disk images are a great way to store backups and other complex sets of files. Creating and converting them doesn't get much easier than with DMGConverter for Mac. This intuitive program makes it easy to create new disk images, convert disk images to other formats, and more. It helps to have some basic knowledge about the file types you'll be dealing with, but the program, itself, is a piece of cake to use.
DMGConverter for Mac has a sleek, streamlined interface with tabs for creating a new disk image, converting a disk image to another format, segmenting a disk image, or compacting or resizing a disk image. Getting started is as easy as selecting the desired function and format and then dragging and dropping the desired files onto the interface. There's a variety of formats to choose from, and users can also specify the compression level and volume format. Disk images can also be encrypted with 128- or 256-bit AES encryption. The program has tools that let you view image, checksum, and format information. There's no built-in Help file, and the publisher's Web site supplies little more than a list of features, but this isn't a significant drawback; anyone who knows enough about disk images to want to use them should already be familiar with most of what DMGConverter for Mac offers.
Overall, we found this program to be functional and well designed, and we recommend it for anyone looking for a hassle-free way to create and convert disk images. DMGConverter for Mac installs and uninstalls without issues.
DMGConverter is a disk image (.dmg, .cdr, .iso) creation and conversion tool which is simple and easy to use.
It is a very useful tool for the collective processing of more than one file and every folder, and it can deal with all the fundamental processing with the drag & drop of the file/folder.
- File formats:
- Read/Write Disk Image
- Read-only Disk Image
- ADC compressed Disk Image
- zlib compressed Disk Image
- bzip2 compressed Disk Image (MacOS 10.4 or later)
- DVD/CD master Disk Image (.cdr)
- Sparse Disk Image
- ISO9660 Disk Image (ISO9660, Joliet)(.iso)
- UDF filesystem (.iso)
- Cross-platform Hybrid Images (.iso)
- Read-only Disk Image (olds)
- ADC compressed Disk Image (old)
- NDIF compressed Disk Image (old)
- Volume formats:
- Case-sensitive Mac OS Extended
- Mac OS Extended
- Case-sensitive Journaled Mac OS Extended
- Journaled Mac OS Extended
- UNIX File System
- Encoding (after creation or conversion):
- gzip compression (faster compression)
- bzip2 compression (Better compression)
Other languages version can be downloaded from here.http://sunsky3s.s41.xrea.com/dmgconverter/download.html
- Traditional Chinese