CNET Editors' review
Disk images are a great way to store backups and other complex sets of files. Creating and converting them doesn't get much easier than with DMGConverter for Mac. This intuitive program makes it easy to create new disk images, convert disk images to other formats, and more. It helps to have some basic knowledge about the file types you'll be dealing with, but the program, itself, is a piece of cake to use.
DMGConverter for Mac has a sleek, streamlined interface with tabs for creating a new disk image, converting a disk image to another format, segmenting a disk image, or compacting or resizing a disk image. Getting started is as easy as selecting the desired function and format and then dragging and dropping the desired files onto the interface. There's a variety of formats to choose from, and users can also specify the compression level and volume format. Disk images can also be encrypted with 128- or 256-bit AES encryption. The program has tools that let you view image, checksum, and format information. There's no built-in Help file, and the publisher's Web site supplies little more than a list of features, but this isn't a significant drawback; anyone who knows enough about disk images to want to use them should already be familiar with most of what DMGConverter for Mac offers.
Overall, we found this program to be functional and well designed, and we recommend it for anyone looking for a hassle-free way to create and convert disk images. DMGConverter for Mac installs and uninstalls without issues.
DMGConverter is a disk image (.dmg, .cdr, .iso) creation and conversion tool which is simple and easy to use.
It is a very useful tool for the collective processing of more than one file and every folder, and it can deal with all the fundamental processing with the drag & drop of the file/folder.
- File formats:
- Read/Write Disk Image
- Read-only Disk Image
- ADC compressed Disk Image
- zlib compressed Disk Image
- bzip2 compressed Disk Image (MacOS 10.4 or later)
- DVD/CD master Disk Image (.cdr)
- Sparse Disk Image
- ISO9660 Disk Image (ISO9660, Joliet)(.iso)
- UDF filesystem (.iso)
- Cross-platform Hybrid Images (.iso)
- Read-only Disk Image (olds)
- ADC compressed Disk Image (old)
- NDIF compressed Disk Image (old)
- Volume formats:
- Case-sensitive Mac OS Extended
- Mac OS Extended
- Case-sensitive Journaled Mac OS Extended
- Journaled Mac OS Extended
- UNIX File System
- Encoding (after creation or conversion):
- gzip compression (faster compression)
- bzip2 compression (Better compression)
Other languages version can be downloaded from here.http://sunsky3s.s41.xrea.com/dmgconverter/download.html
- Traditional Chinese
More Products to Consider
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Data recovery software.
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Mount, create, resize, and get info about disk images.
- Uninstall apps easily.
- Rename, copy, move files and folders with a single drag-&-drop ...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- A (very) tiny BitTorrent client.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Extract files from DMG files on your Windows PC.
- Create RAM disks.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Convert GI, NRG, CDI, MDF, IMG, B5I, B6I, DMG, PDI, BIN and CCD...
- RAM disk customized for desired speed, security.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Troubleshooting tool that runs in single-user mode.