From John Schilling:
BwanaDik is an IP address (WAN and LAN) menu item. Yes, another IP address app. Just what the world needs. You may be asking yourself "why the heck does the world need another IP address application?" Well, it doesn't. But I did. I looked all over for an IP address app that met my needs, and never found one. So I wrote my own. Here's what I wanted in an IP app:
What's new in this version: Works with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). No longer supported under 10.4. Ability to send email alerts removed, as Apple removed the ability to do this in Cocoa under 10.5. Thanks, Apple.
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks, pbx like features.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Read e-mail and news the way you want it, with intelligent junk...
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
- Display IP in menu bar, notify of change by email.
- Localized version.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Use any internet app via firewalled/proxied network.
- Widget displays internal & external IP addresses.
- Quickly ejects all external disks, nicely canceling Time Machin...
- Activates the hidden Expose blob in Panther.
- For the network usb sharing device.
- (OE) email client/newsreader.
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks.
- Queue based batch file download manager.
- Man page viewer for your browser.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"i love it, but it keeps disappearing"
Version: BwanaDik 3.3
shows me the status of my 'net connection at a glance, and more at a click.
has been disappearing from my menu bar lately - it might be closing/sleeping my MacBook Pro that makes it go away...but i'm not sure. i've just often looked for it and found it AWOL lately (i'm running 10.6.4)
i've been using BwanaDik steadily on all my machines for about two years now, i think...i love its functionality; it's one of the first things i install after getting a new machine or wiping or creating a new user on an old one. and i don't even use all its functionality - namely, i don't have it display any alerts. i just love its combining the IP-address-in-menu-bar function with the little customizable status light that tells me how my connection's doing at a glance. my only complaint is that version 3.3 doesn't seem to be completely comfortable with 10.6.4; i keep looking for BwanaDik in my menu bar and finding it's quit somewhere along the line...and i've never seen a crash report or alert about it on my screen, so it must be crashing very surreptitiously, below the OS's radar or something. it's disconcerting...such that i think i might look around and see if there's another app that provides quite the same functionality.