From Noel Danjou:
AMCap is a multi-purpose still and video capture application with video preview. This version features DV camcorder and analog tuner support, improved MPEG2 support, still capture, compression, multi-monitor, zooming, full-screen, always on top, and parameter persistence and more.
What's new in this version: Version 9.21 build 156.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Record webcam and screen video.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Capture and save sound and video clips under the AVI format.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Record videos from your screen, webcam or other video devices o...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Monitor and view Webcam related information identify some Webca...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Capture still pictures and create AVI files from motions detect...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Transfer captured video to DVDs.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Monitor and record activities with Webcam from your PC.
- Unleash your creativity to transform your video footage into am...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Convert your video files into various formats.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Shoot, edit, and share all of life's adventures with the all-in...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Good for general purpose capture."
Version: AMCap 9.21 build 156.3
Will capture most connected video devices.
Would have gotten 5 stars if it could do time lapse still captures and capture more than one device at a time.
"Tight, efficient, Windows-friendly utility"
Version: AMCap 9.21 build 156.3
- interface closely adheres to IBM/Microsoft Windows conventions so that it is extremely intuitive for Windows users
- windows can be sized and dragged exactly as expected
- quick setup, quick program start, quick video acquisition
- can run multiple program instances to monitor multiple video streams
- videos can easily be run "full screen" with no Windows borders
IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this software although I recognize that many people are dissatisfied because they assume that it is something more than it is. It might be regarded as more of a "utility" than a full-featured program.
I have only run AMCap on Windows 7, where it has performed flawlessly. I have had great difficulties with more elaborate programs. I considered just using the software from my hardware manufacturer, a leading vendor of webcams, mice, keyboards and such. I was amazed that their software allows only a smallish window in which to view their 1080p webcam image! And with the vendor software, there is no way to view the output of more than one webcam at a time. AMCap beautifully overcame both these limitations. But it is not the solution for advanced features such as launching an unattended recording session based on movement within the image. Yes, I feel that the rock-solid basic features of AMCap should be standard from the hardware vendor and the base upon which more sophisticated programs are built. Unfortunately, AMCap is the only package I have found that even does these basic things really well.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content