Practice Hebrew at home or on the go!
Vowels talk, letters dance, and students can swipe words across their screens with this new Hebrew app based on our bestselling Shalom Uvrachah and designed for use with all of the Hebrew primers, including Shalom Uvrachah Express and Shalom Hebrew! It can also be used as a Hebrew learning tool on its own.
Packed with engaging features, interactive reading exercises that can be recorded and reviewed by educators, and more than a dozen Hebrew games, Shalom Hebrew makes learning to read Hebrew fun AND effective for students of all ages, including those who have started their studies in later grades.
Benefits of Shalom Hebrew:
Reinforces reading fluency and vocabulary.
Extends learning into the home. Parents do not need to know Hebrew!
Leads to increased Hebrew confidence and stronger skills, even with just five minutes a day of practice.
Teachers can provide direct feedback on student reading.
Opportunities for teachers to monitor student progress of activities.
Each of the 25 lessons centers on a key cultural word or concept, introduces related letters and/or vowels, syllables and words, offers reading practice and exercises based on the new letters.
Three levels of increased difficulty for each game:
1. Bubble PopPop bubbles with indicated letters or words to earn points. Requires visual identification of Hebrew letters.
2. Hebrew DotsConnect elements that sound alike to score points. Focuses on listening skills.
3. Space SpheresEnlarge your sphere by gobbling smaller ones that have specific Hebrew letters. Reinforces visual identification.
4. Chop ChopCollect target Hebrew words by chopping the tree under each word. Reinforces sight word recognition.
5. Hebrew ScrambleFind and select letters from a game board (similar to word search) to complete indicated words.
Hebrew and English dictionaries