Jones & Bartlett Learning 2018 Nurses Drug Handbook is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference. Updated annually, it provides accurate and timely facts on hundreds of drugs from A-Z. Written in a no-nonsense style that speaks your language in terms you use every day, it offers concise and consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically.
Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
The Nurses Drug Handbook includes:
* Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names
* Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category, and controlled substance schedule
* Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
* Incompatibilities and contraindications
* Interactions with drugs, food, and activities
* Adverse reactions
* Nursing considerations, including key teaching points for patients
* Mechanism-of-action illustrations
* Warnings and precautions
New drug entries include alirocumab, brexpiprazole, cangrelor, cariprazine, edoxaban, eluxadoline, evolocumab, flibanserin, idarucizumab, ivabradine, and mepolizumab. Updates to the appendices include parenteral insulin preparations, selected ophthalmic drugs, selected topical drugs, selected antivirals, selected antineoplastic drugs, and interferons.