Network Drive Control (NDC) for Windows Vista, 7, 8 & higher, both 32-bit & 64-bit, is a utility which solves the frustrating problem of wanting your network servers mapped to Windows drives in a network specific manner. Basically, NDC maps network drives network specifically on login equivalently to the way the Windows "default printer" can be set to be network specific. NDC examines the network environment after the user logs in, and based on what network it finds itself on, it will only attempt to map those drives it knows are on that network. Network Drive Control allows you to configure the automatic mapping of network drives when you logon based on the network(s) to which you are connected. An example would be to have your laptop automatically connect and map one set of network drives when at home, and another set of network drives when at work or school, and none if it detects that the PC is connected to a network where no mappings have been configured. Network Drive Control has no limit to the number of networks or drives that can be configured (except Windows built in limits), and drive letters can be redundant.
What's new in version 1.49
1. Logging improved.
2. Message encoding improved.
3. Fixed code bug in "Export NDC Settings" menu selection that enabled a functionality that was not intended to be enabled (which didn't affect anything as I didn't try to use that functionality, but I'd rather it not have been enabled at all). That enabling also didn't create any type of security issue.
3. Option under the help menu to use INI file. If this option is set in the menu, then upon exiting NDC will save it's Registry Settings as an encapsulated Registry BLOB in the user's "Documents\NDC Logs" folder as "Network_Drive_Control.INI". When NDC is started, it will check whether the INI file exists & is valid, and if so, will map it back on to the System Registry. In this way, one can make NDC portable. The INI file is not editable, and is not interchangeable with a setting export file. (User requested feature.)
4. Fixed minor installer bug. Fortunately, NDC has enough self checks & recovery routines that it functioned correctly despite this installer bug.
5. Fixed bug where a mapping with a null password could sometimes display random data when console set to display passwords. (User reported bug.)
6. Updated help file.
ReleaseOctober 5, 2020
Date AddedOctober 5, 2020
Operating SystemsWindows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7