Azhagi - a class apart - Typing at it's easiest best - in Whatsapp, Facebook, etc. - in 24 Indian/World languages (Sanskrit, English, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi, Sourashtra, Bengali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sinhala, Burmese, etc.).
- Speech-to-Text in 100+ languages.
- Typing in 24 languages, multiple keyboards.
- Type anywhere - Whatsapp, SMS, etc.
- SuperFast Tamil transliteration.
- SHIFT key NOT needed to type , , !
- External keyboards can be used.
- SMART editing of previously typed texts.
- Free support - http://azhagi.com/contacts.html
Azhagi has been built upon 'Indic Keyboard' open source app (version 2.0.3 - which has support for typing in 23 languages with multiple keyboard layouts for most languages; having features like word suggestions, quick editing of previously typed texts, etc.).
Azhagi app hosts a UNIQUE and SUPER-FAST Tamil transliteration scheme (which is much the same as the one used in Azhagi's desktop version which has been existing since 2000, benefiting users worldwide).
During installation, you have to choose - , to transliterate in Tamil the super-fast 'Azhagi' way.
NO need to press SHIFT key to type , , , , . You can type lx, rx, nx, llx/lxx, rrx/rxx, nnx/nxx, sx and shx itself to get , , , , , , and .
Note: If you wish, you can still use shift and type L, R, N, S, Sh to get , , , , .
Apart from voice input in 100+ languages (thanks in tons to Google's voice input engine), you can also type in 24 languages - anywhere - Whatsapp, Facebook, SMS, Twitter, Gmail, Skype, Google Search, etc.
The following 'Languages' and 'Keyboard Layouts' are supported while typing:
- Tamil Keyboards - Transliteration ( - ), Alternative Transliteration , Tamilnet99, Typewriter, Inscript, Compact
- Assamese Keyboards - Transliteration, Inscript
- Arabic Keyboard
- Bengali / Bangla Keyboards - Probhat, Avro, Inscript, Compact
- Burmese Keyboard / Myanmar - xkb
- Gujarati Keyboards - Transliteration, Phonetic, Inscript
- Hindi Keyboards - Transliteration, Inscript
- Kannada Keyboards - Transliteration (Baraha), Phonetic, Inscript, Compact, Anysoft
- Kashmiri Keyboards - Transliteration, Inscript
- Maithili Keyboard - Inscript
- Malayalam Keyboards - Transliteration (Mozhi), Swanalekha, Phonetic, Inscript
- Manipuri Keyboard / Methei Keyboard - Inscript
- Marathi Keyboard - Transliteration
- Mon Keyboard
- Nepali Keyboards - Transliteration, Phonetic, Traditional, Inscript
- Oriya Keyboards - Transliteration, Inscript, Lekhani
- Punjabi / Gurmukhi Keyboards - Transliteration, Phonetic, Inscript
- Sanskrit Keyboard - Transliteration
- Santali Keyboard - Inscript (Devanagari script)
- Sinhala Keyboard / Sinhalese - Transliteration
- Sourashtra Keyboard - Transliteration
- Telugu Keyboards - Transliteration, Phonetic, Inscript, KaChaTaThaPa, Compact
- Urdu Keyboard - Transliteration
You can quickly edit previously typed texts. For e.g., after typing , you can go back and type 'ai' after to make to . No need to delete and type 'rai'.
You can hard press comma and spacebar for availing the app's settings. You can also hard press on Azhagi's icon near spacebar for 'key mappings' output and acknowledgements, alternately.
For more details, please visit http://azhagi.com/aa, the HOME of Azhagi Android App.
Kindly spread the news of Azhagi.
One can type in 'Sourashtra' language in this new and updated release.
1. Not all Android OS and phone models support typing in Sourashtra.
2. Info on which Android OS and phone models support typing in Sourashtra is here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Azhagi/permalink/1948798451826372/
3. Video demo on how to install Azhagi Android App and start typing in Sourashtra is here - https://www.facebook.com/AzhagiSoftware/posts/2073259632891567