The Aneurysm Rupture Risk Calculator , is an educative app to easily calculate the risk of rupture of an specific, non previously ruptured, intracranial aneurysm.
For this purpose we have design 3 separate calculators, based in the following trials:
- The International Study of UnRuptured Intracranial Aneurysm (ISUIA).
- The Unruptured Cerebral Aneurysm Japanese Study (UCAS).
- The Phases Score
these calculators use the same data input as the trials:
- Location of the aneurysm
- Size (is the longest measure of the aneurysm in any axis)
- age an population origin (in the PHASES score)
- Life expectancy in years of the patient at the time of the calculation.
The results are displayed in percentage of rupture risk, in one or five years, and in the cumulative life time.
We develop this app as a tool for medical students, Neurosurgeons, Neurologists and practitioners in general, making the process of calculating the risk of rupture of a particular aneurysm more easy, fast, and ,maybe , helping the physician in the hard labor for the proper treatment of this frequent, and dangerous pathology.