Negative emotions usually come with negative thoughts. When you are depressed or anxious, your thoughts can become too negative and stop matching the reality of the situation. Its like you are looking at everything through negative lenses.
One way to improve your mood or anxiety is to look at your thoughts and test whether they are realistic by looking at evidence for and against them. If you are interested in doing this, this app can help.
This app helps you track situations that make you feel sad or anxious, or other negative emotions. You can then test whether your thoughts are realistic by looking at evidence for and against them, and come up with different ways of viewing the
Thought records are often used in cognitive-behavioural therapy, a type of talking therapy that has been shown to be helpful for issues such as depression and anxiety. Designed by mental health professionals, My Thought Record can be used by people on their own or who are already in therapy.
- Was designed for youth 12-18 years old, with the input of youth
- Does not collect personal information, with all the information you provide stored locally on your device
Please be aware that:
- You may want to consider password protecting your device to keep your information private
- This app and its contents are designed for information purposes only and cannot be used to diagnose or treat depression or other mental health problems
- This app is not a substitute for professional mental health care or emergency services
The Am I? Series was created by Dr. Julie Eichstedt, Dr. Devita Singh, and Dr. Kerry Collins, clinical psychologists with many years of experience in child and adolescent mental health, in collaboration with mindyourmind and input from youth volunteers. It was programmed and designed by Red Square Labs, with support from the Children's Health Foundation, and its donors, including the John and Jean Wettlaufer Family.