CNET Editors' review
myBeats offers a more stylish way to play your iTunes library, but it's not better than other, universal media players. It's vulnerable to crashes and doesn't let you import your library your way. It does offer great sound, though. That may be enough if you want something that "just works."
This program looks just like the old Zune layout from Microsoft's MP3 player. It auto-populates your whole iTunes library, but it's not as fast as you might expect. The program creates frequent crashes and slowdowns, too. It crashed several times during testing, including once as it was trying to put tracks into the program's library. If you like sharing your music, socially, myBeats integrates with Facebook and Twitter for easy posting. It doesn't have many ways to change your song's audio, but most songs sound really fantastic. Sadly, you can't manually add files to this program. It only collects music from your iTunes folders. The program comes with a 14-day free trial while the full version costs $2.
If you don't use iTunes exclusively, that's enough to make this program useless to you. However, if iTunes is the only way you get your music, myBeats is a good way to listen to it. It's less of a pain compared to using iTunes, but it still packs just as much style as Apple's music player.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of myBeats 184.108.40.206.
From Zellin Tech:
myBeats automatically read all of your songs(along with their metadeta), and present them in the way you would expect. myBeats will share the current song you are listening to with Facebook, Twitter and scrobble to LastFM. It will also automatically downloads images for artists and temporary album art for songs, and even sync your play counts back to iTunes.
What's new in this version: Improved album art loading in album view.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes and comput...
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Transfer music, videos, photos, messages, and other media from ...
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Extract files from any iTunes iOS backup (including encrypted) ...
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Transfer files between your computer and iPhone, iPod Touch, or...
- Transpose and print guitar tab chords.
- Search, rate, and request the songs on an online music library.
- Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 6.0-6.1.
- Manage iPhone contacts, calendars, and notes from your PC.
- Get scores depending on how well you sing karaoke.
- Delete duplicate MP3 songs.
- Identify a song that is played by capturing sound via microphon...
- Remove Duplicate Songs.
- Create and record your own songs without playing an instrument.
- Manage and play karaoke tracks.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content