CNET Editors' review
IRC users should check out the latest release of mIRC, the shareware Internet Relay Chat client. We found mIRC 7.25 to be a capable, full-featured chat tool the last time we tried it. Since then, mIRC's developers have made a number of improvements (over 60, in fact), including improved support for running the program in portable mode on more than one PC using a file-hosting service. A few bugs have been fixed; for instance, the editbox no longer beeps endlessly when the maximum message length is reached. The SSL warning dialog has been improved, too, as has the Incremental Search feature. And you can change the Treebar's fonts from the context menu. The full-featured mIRC 7.25 is free to try for 30 days and costs $20. We ran it as a clean installation in 64-bit Windows 7.
MIRC's installation wizard offers lots of options, including automatic updates, backups, and the option to run the program as a portable application from a USB drive. You can register mIRC immediately, but the 30-day trial omits no options or features, including full access to IRC's network. The days of clunky, primitive chat apps are long gone. A clean interface, left-hand sidebar, tile or cascade window options, and other touches give mIRC a modern look and make it an easy starter for anyone who's set up a chat client before. We entered a screen name and alternative but were able to get our first choice. We clicked Continue, not Connect: first we wanted a look at mIRC's options. Opening the mIRC Options dialog showed a tree view with many configuration choices, including the improved Sounds options.
Accessing IRC via mIRC is easy. Press the Connect icon, and mIRC does the rest. It logged us on and presented a searchable (and optional) mIRC Favorites pop-up listing available channels in a huge range of topics, with Join, Add, Edit, and other commands. Most of mIRC 7.25's updates make themselves felt in the app's smooth, reliable performance. Of course, everything we liked about mIRC still applies to the new version. And the full-featured trial means no worries.mIRC - Chat with other people and participate in group discussions - Download Video Previews:
mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions. It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, IPv6, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, UPnP, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
What's new in this version: Version 7.29 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Chat over the Internet with up to 120 users via your Web camera...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Communicate instantly using the latest version of this popular ...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Make the mIRC interface easier to use for newbies.
- Seek out friends and colleagues on the Internet and communicate...
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add a virtual webcam with amazing video effects to your video c...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Repair, remove SIM restrictions from, and unlock various cell p...
- Add a virtual Webcam for video chats software such as Skype, MS...
- Communicate within the company through LAN.
- Get notified to the email alerts and create custom notification...
- Update Eudora's mailbox table of content or mailbox files.
- Use advantages in the Spanish version of IRC client.
- Use secure instant messenger for corporate LAN, WAN, VLAN, and ...
- Detect intruders with Webcams in your room and be alerted by e-...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- Send anonymous Windows net send messages.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 342 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent Client iRC"
Version: mIRC 7.29
Excellent program that becomes reversible according to 'Use with user' s through a powerful editor. A lot of documentation about the development of scripts and third-party dlls that is present in the websites.
mIRC is constantly evolving, so are introduced often necessary updates to the improvement of the program. The 'service offer dedicated channels and forums to help complete the' reliability of this Client iRC.
none the program is always correct and updated
is to emphasize the duration of the product license is also valid for all future versions of mIRC
Updated on Mar 21, 2013