mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions. It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, IPv6, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, UPnP, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
What's new in this version:
- Added STARTTLS support using the CAP tls protocol.
- Fixed switchbar/treebar display bug that caused windows to be displayed in the wrong order.
- Added Shift-F3 key support in Scripts Editor to search backwards through text.
- Fixed timezone/daylight savings bug that was affecting timestamping and time/date identifiers.
- Changed $sound() to use the TagLib library for improved reading of MP3 and other media file formats.
- Updated the defa... See all new features »