From Cody Krieger:
gfxCardStatus is an open-source menu bar application that keeps track of which graphics card your 2010 MacBook Pro is using at any given time, and allows you to switch between them manually.
- Simple, clean "i" and "n" icons that signify Intel HD Graphics, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics, respectively
- Automatically updates when the GPU switches, in real time
- Allows you to manually switch GPUs on demand!
- Dependent process list - see which applications are currently using the 330M, if it's the active GPU!
- Growl support - so you know right when the GPU switches
- Tiny footprint - doesn't sit in your menu bar and hog RAM or CPU cycles
- Automatic application updating - checks for, downloads and installs new versions of gfxCardStatus automatically!
What's new in this version:
- OS X Lion support!!
- Huge preferences window overhaul - now looks like a standard OS X preferences panel.
- Graphical icons in the menu bar are no longer the default - they are now text. See the FAQ for info on how to change back to graphical icons.
- Added a preference for "smart" menu bar icons - e.g. use the first letter of the current GPU ('n' for NVIDIA, 'i' for Intel, 'a' for AM... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Menu bar clock & calendar.
- Dims background of foremost app to enhance its visibilty.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Open source Java IDE.
- Schedule and manage battery calibrations for MacBooks and MacBo...
- Quickly retrieve physical and astronomical data, convert units,...
- Port of Vim, the text editor.
- 3D triangle mesh modeling for compact efficient objects.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Identify apps that increase power usage (graphics)"
Version: gfxCardStatus 2.3
Easy, simple, single function. Does what it is supposed to.
Identified program using more power on Macbook Pro (Lion)
Didn't work on my Macbook Pro (older model still on Snow Leopard).
Simple to install and use. Tells you if it won't work on your machine.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content