From Cody Krieger:
gfxCardStatus is an open-source menu bar application that keeps track of which graphics card your 2010 MacBook Pro is using at any given time, and allows you to switch between them manually.
- Simple, clean "i" and "n" icons that signify Intel HD Graphics, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics, respectively
- Automatically updates when the GPU switches, in real time
- Allows you to manually switch GPUs on demand!
- Dependent process list - see which applications are currently using the 330M, if it's the active GPU!
- Growl support - so you know right when the GPU switches
- Tiny footprint - doesn't sit in your menu bar and hog RAM or CPU cycles
- Automatic application updating - checks for, downloads and installs new versions of gfxCardStatus automatically!
What's new in this version:
- OS X Lion support!!
- Huge preferences window overhaul - now looks like a standard OS X preferences panel.
- Graphical icons in the menu bar are no longer the default - they are now text. See the FAQ for info on how to change back to graphical icons.
- Added a preference for "smart" menu bar icons - e.g. use the first letter of the current GPU ('n' for NVIDIA, 'i' for Intel, 'a' for AM... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Schedule and manage battery calibrations for MacBooks and MacBo...
- Screen capture utility.
- Port of Vim, the text editor.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Open terminal for a specific location directly from the Finder.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Enables TRIM under Snow Leopard or Lion for SSDs of any brand.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Network protocol analysis app: deep inspection, live capture & ...
- Dims background of foremost app to enhance its visibilty.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Monitor your computer, from memory usage to Bluetooth status.
- Open source Java IDE.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Identify apps that increase power usage (graphics)"
Version: gfxCardStatus 2.3
Easy, simple, single function. Does what it is supposed to.
Identified program using more power on Macbook Pro (Lion)
Didn't work on my Macbook Pro (older model still on Snow Leopard).
Simple to install and use. Tells you if it won't work on your machine.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content