From Cody Krieger:
gfxCardStatus is an open-source menu bar application that keeps track of which graphics card your 2010 MacBook Pro is using at any given time, and allows you to switch between them manually.
- Simple, clean "i" and "n" icons that signify Intel HD Graphics, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics, respectively
- Automatically updates when the GPU switches, in real time
- Allows you to manually switch GPUs on demand!
- Dependent process list - see which applications are currently using the 330M, if it's the active GPU!
- Growl support - so you know right when the GPU switches
- Tiny footprint - doesn't sit in your menu bar and hog RAM or CPU cycles
- Automatic application updating - checks for, downloads and installs new versions of gfxCardStatus automatically!
What's new in this version:
- OS X Lion support!!
- Huge preferences window overhaul - now looks like a standard OS X preferences panel.
- Graphical icons in the menu bar are no longer the default - they are now text. See the FAQ for info on how to change back to graphical icons.
- Added a preference for "smart" menu bar icons - e.g. use the first letter of the current GPU ('n' for NVIDIA, 'i' for Intel, 'a' for AM... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Productivity bundle includes a menubar notepad and file launche...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Data recovery software.
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Tool to save desktop theme, icons & window settings.
- Dims background of foremost app to enhance its visibilty.
- Change Leopard's dock graphics by simple drag & drop.
- Menu bar clock & calendar.
- Universal .rar and .zip file opener.
- Submit listened-to tracks on rhapsody to last.fm.
- Collection of Control Strip Modules.
- Schedule and manage battery calibrations for MacBooks and MacBo...
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Identify apps that increase power usage (graphics)"
Version: gfxCardStatus 2.3
Easy, simple, single function. Does what it is supposed to.
Identified program using more power on Macbook Pro (Lion)
Didn't work on my Macbook Pro (older model still on Snow Leopard).
Simple to install and use. Tells you if it won't work on your machine.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content