Editors' Note: Please note that dsBudget starts up your browser to render its interface. This product was previously known as SimpleD Budget.
dsBudget is a simple, open source budgeting program for everyone.
With dsBudget, you can save money by understanding where you spend your money.
You will begin by allocating your income into "categories", such as Mortgage, Entertainment, etc. As you spend money throughout the month, you will enter the expenses into each category. dsBudget will then let you see how much money you have left in each category and how you are spending it.
You can save money and regain control of your expenses by understanding your spending habits and making smarter purchasing decisions.
- Runs on your PC (data is stored on your hard-drive, or USB drive, or wherever you want it. No login)
- Supports multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Supports multiple languages and multiple currencies (uses your computer's local settings)
- Uses your browser as the user interface (it doesn't access internet, however)
- It's free. (No ad-ware, hidden crap, catches, etc.)
- Data is compatible with SimpleD Budget
What's new in this version:
- Applied patch provided by Thomas Leberbauer to add recurring expense. Made recurring expense to reset expense date when template is copied to new page.
- Added no_browser_open system parameter which suppresses browser opening during startup for user who wants to start up dsBudget on boot
- Fixed a minor HTML issues and added version tag to force browser to reload various css/js sources
- Updated DivRep lib, and jquery/jquery-ui. Modified a way to highlight negat... See all new features »