From Jesper Norgaard Welen:
World Time Explorer is a PC program to view current time for any place in the world, either from a list of more than 4882 cities, or from a world map that shows each GMT offset with a different color. Put family and friends in main window. Features: Historic info for each city with all GMT offset changes since 1850. Calculate map colors for any given time since 1850. Jump to map from list of cities and back with simple mouse clicks. World flags and some state flags for all cities. Set date and time display format freely. Set weekday and month texts freely, possibly copying from Windows regional info. Show population count for cities, sunrise and sunset, latitude, longitude, time. Distance calculation between selected city and the mouse position on the map, if you jump from the city to the map. Jump to a specific place in the map using latitude and longitude. Check Windows time zone compared to your own time zone in the program. Calendar with week numbers displayed, 2 months view. Time Calculator reports current time in more thanl 494 world time zones, or based on a specific time in a specific place, output sorted by the criteria you want. Minimizes to the System Tray. Yearly report of DST changes for the whole world showing your own time when each change happens. See how to edit Windows Time Zone Information. Synchronize your PC clock with a time server. Make list of people to show current or future past times with time calculator. Daily Planner to see 24 hours plan for time in two places, to help making on-line meetings or phone calls. Island search for islands that have no city included. Help file with 55 topics.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1 added timezone information, 5 new country flags, updated timezone map.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- View the time in any location in the world.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- View the time, day, and date in different colors and fonts in t...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Display the current time at any of over 5,500 airports.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- See what time it is anywhere in the world.
- Display the time in any place around the world.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Show time from local machines and different time zones.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Display a day/night view of a world map, calendar, and clock.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Display a window on your desktop that shows times of any number...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- View the local time of 300 cities worldwide.
- Display a customizable alarm clock on your desktop.
- Display a multi-user and customizable international clocks on y...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Apply atomic clock synchronization to your network.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Older Program That Needs Updating"
Version: World Time Explorer 1.8
it's free... but you get what you pay for.
Files are missing and the update url is no longer valid. Had errors trying to update the program because of non-existant url.
"Pretty good but nothing fancy"
Version: World Time Explorer 1.8
This program does its job well. It has a very simple window which displays local time at 9 different places. There is a very long list of places to choose from, pretty much most cities in the world will be there.
After reading the editor's review I thought the program was very limiting allowing only 9 places however when I was setting up the program I realised I don't need to know the local times of that many places anyways. I only used up 5 of the slots, it should be fine for most normal users. Very good when you just want to quickly find out what the time at another location is, just a simple click on the icon, no need to go thru any menus ones the program is set up. Doesn't seem to be any ad ware contain in this program.
Its interface is nothing fancy, just a simple text display showing the times of the 9 selected locations. Not very customizable, the number of locations displayed cannot be changed, even though I only needed it to display local times of 5 different places, it has to display 9 with 4 default locations. The world map the editor spoke of is not all that spectacular.