WinRAR is a 32-bit / 64-bit Windows version of RAR Archiver, the powerful archiver and archive manager. WinRAR's main features are very strong general and multimedia compression, solid compression, archive protection from damage, processing of ZIP and other non-RAR archives, scanning archives for viruses, programmable self-extracting archives(SFX), authenticity verification, NTFS and Unicode support, strong AES encryption, support of multivolume archives, command line and graphical interface, drag-and-drop facility, wizard interface, theme support, folder tree panel, multithread support and Windows x64 shell integration. WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack and convert CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, Z, 7-Zip archives. WinRAR is available in over 40 languages.
What's new in this version:
- WinRAR can unpack TAR archives containing folders with pax extended headers. Previous versions failed to unpack them.
- "Keep broken files" extraction option is supported for 7-Zip archives.
- Bugs fixed:
- WinRAR 5.10 did not set "hidden", "read-only" and "system" file attributes when unpacking ZIP archives;
- WinRAR 5.10 failed to update self-extracting RAR archives containing nested ZIP archives stored without compression;
- ZIP arch... See all new features »