CNET Editors' review
WildBit Viewer offers users the ability to view, edit, and design slideshows with their pictures. With simple commands and fantastic results, photo lovers will find a lot to enjoy here.
We immediately felt that even novice computer users could navigate this program with its clearly labeled and intuitive layout; we didn't even need to visit the Help file to get started. Through an onscreen file tree we were immediately given the opportunity to view our photo folders as either an entire collection of thumbnails or a single large shot at a time. This was helpful for searching large folders. We found commands for tilting images, zooming, and renaming shots to be simple to operate and similar to many other photo-viewing software programs we've tested. The slideshow options were also nothing we hadn't seen in many other programs, with blown-up shots and smooth cycling through images. We also discovered that the program offers a simple picture editor as an added feature and saved us a step from having to use an outside program to apply filters or add text to a shot. The overall package worked well, but didn't break any new ground with image viewers.
Wildbit is a freeware program. We recommend this program, as it provided us with familiar options and simple control over our images and slideshows.
From Marko Hietanen:
WildBit Viewer is an image viewer with slide show and editor. WildBit Viewer includes image info with image EXIF meta data JPEG and TIFF support and IPTC (IIMV4) information (like PhotoShop file info) from JPEG and TIFF, Thumbview has changeable views, sorting, and thumbnail predefined sizes for thumbnail size setting. Viewer also includes shell toolbar, you can drop your favorite folder there and use it as an organizer. It also includes image compare in which you can compare images side-by-side. In Favorites you can save list of favorite images and load list later on and you can create custom show in to Slide Show also that list you can edit with Custom Show List Editor. With Slide Show you can view images within 176 different transition effects. Slide Show includes now multi-monitor support for fast switching between two monitors. WildBit Viewer supports all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF and TGA (over 70 formats).
What's new in this version: Version 6.0 adds unicode support added, updates UI.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- View, compare, and edit digital images.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Find and remove duplicate photos or similar pictures.
- Design diagrams and flowcharts with various features.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create a screensaver using Flash animation, or convert your own...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Submit PAD files to various sites.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Read your dreams interpretations.
- Write, edit, and debug your PHP scripts and HTML, XML pages.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- View, compare, sort, rename, categorize, and edit pictures and ...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Provide automation to your large-scale Web development.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Get help while editing HTML, MySQL, PHP, and Yahoo widget langu...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Enhance your pictures with five photo/video effects.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Slow & Buggy"
Version: WildBit Viewer 6.0
Clueless of anything to admire
Takes forever to load the 1st image. Once the image is up, scrolling
other images is fast. Deleting an image is slow and multiple deletes will lock up my computer. The slide show works for a few images and
Probably works better with a faster computer and lots of RAM but a failure on my modest laptop CPU.