CNET Editors' review
Trade Nations for Mac is a port of the namesake game to the Mac OS X platform. Trade Nations for Mac is a game of development and trade. It is available from the App Store and numerous download sites and is a free app, although hard-core players will want to purchase in-app upgrades and extras.
In Trade Nations for Mac, you begin the game in a small village, acting as the mayor. You can have your villagers perform more than a dozen different jobs, creating goods, growing food, and developing the village infrastructure. As the village grows you need to adjust the population's jobs to continue the growth and prevent stagnation. You need to micromanage their tasks, give them places to live, manage overall resources, and expand your contacts with other villages, cities, and nations. Trade Nations for Mac includes a social aspect so you can play with your friends, interacting with them and working toward a global market. With more than 100 achievements to reach, there's enough to keep you playing Trade Nations for Mac for a while. The cartoonish graphics and a clean interface make this a fun game for both short-term and long-term play.
We've played Trade Nations on several platforms and it is an interesting cross between the traditional city-builder and trade game. The only issue most players will have is the need to spend real cash to advance and expand with any speed in the game. The publishers add new content regularly, and the social aspects of the game will attract many players.
Become Mayor of your very own Nation, as you grow a small village into a sprawling and efficient city in Trade Nations! You can play your game on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, AND on your Mac when at home.
More Products to Consider
- Sims 2 game update.
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Realtime strategy game.
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Fly various missions or fly against your friends over the Inter...
- Borderlands 2 saved game editor.
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- The Hardest Action Game You Will Play This Year (no, seriously)...
- Adventure game to explore worlds and build structures.
- Solitaire card games with handcrafted artwork.
- Create and play realistic jigsaw puzzles on your Mac with your ...
- Popular house life simulation game.
- Jungle vs. Droids combines tower defense with funny graphics, l...
- Atari 2600 emulator.
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- An action strategy game that requires quick actions, smart deci...
- The Locas really do put the fun back in funeral in Grave Mania:...
- Recommends high quality Mac games by looking at system requirem...
- 1.0.4 Update for Command and Conquer Generals and the Zero Hour...
- Mahjongg summer fun – 60 levels, mini games and hidden pictures...
- Race your marbles through dangerous platforms and collect power...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Cute game, ugly practices"
Version: Trade Nations 5.3
good graphics and social options
bad business practices, limited play unless substantial ingame purchases [see site for more info]
i'm willing to invest time in a game and to pay reasonable micro fees, but not willing to submit to high-handed control and being quartered and dollared to death.