CNET Editors' review
Personal Information Managers are among the most useful kinds of software available. They can bring order to chaotic lives or help even the most organized among us wring extra time out of their busy schedules. Total Organizer is a free PIM from Konrad Papula that has some features that set it apart from the crowded PIM scene, chief among them its tree view method of organizing your tasks into folders, called "tags." These tags can belong to any number of other folders simultaneously, and it's all cross-referenced for easy searching and task conversion.
Like most PIMs, Total Organizer pays close attention to the user interface, which is similar to many other PIMs in layout and function. One unique feature we liked is the SmartBox, as small dialog that lets you quickly enter tasks and perform other functions. Programmable Global Hot keys are active even when Total Organizer isn't visible; another useful touch. A List view gives a quick summary of what's on your plate. There is also the obligatory Notes feature. An Import/Export feature handles both Contacts and entire Total Organizer documents.
The truly lazy know that the difference between sweet indolence and mere avoidance is organization, the key to paving over life's potholes. Using a PIM can help you TCB (take care of business). Total Organizer is free, so there's no excuse for letting chaos reign. A Pro version adds password protection, automatic associations, the ability to attach images and make voice recordings, and other extras, for $19.80.
From Konrad Papala:
Total Organizer is a Personal Information Manager software that allows you to store all of your contacts, tasks, notes, and to-do lists divided into tree-structured categories. What's unique about the app is that each item (be it a note, task, and contact) may belong to several categories (tags). Version 2.43 improves "quick search" tool.
What's new in this version: Version 2.43 improves "quick search" tool.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage and organize your documents, schedules, and other inform...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Browse, view, and convert your files with this multiwindow file...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Manage startup-programs & processes.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Organize your business projects or hobbies and personal things.
- Provide a quick all in one encryption suite.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Personal Information Manager.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Flexible Information Manager.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Did not get this program"
Version: Total Organizer 2.43
Couldn't tell you anything
Did not get the software
Didn't get the software
"Good all round organizer, easy to use."
Version: Total Organizer 2.43
Easy to use and easy on memory.
A more attractive interface would be nice.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: