CNET Editors' review
You'll need to purchase a good SMS plan if you install this helpful system-monitoring tool. TimeOut PC's dialog-sized multitabbed interface is easy to decipher, but the Web log's small size is difficult to read. You drag and drop any program you'd like it to monitor. The program defaults to tracking Windows Messanger and IE use, but failed to log Firefox when we added that application. It can immediately notify you through SMS when tracked programs are used. The SMS notification is simple to set up, but the demo allows only a test message.
It takes just a minute to set the minutes each user is allowed to operate any tracked programs, but restrictions can't be set per monitored program. With just a click, you can easily set the application to shut down the PC at the end of the allowed time. TimeOut PC effectively monitors Internet Explorer, but we were disappointed with the poor or missing logging of other applications.
To set sending monitor logs through e-mail, you merely click your e-mail application, if listed, and the program loads the appropriate settings. However, the program failed to send e-mails during testing. The demo is easy to disable through the tray icon. TimeOut PC is an effective timing tool, but only proved capable of monitoring Internet Explorer. Parents looking for a simple monitoring application may like this utility.
TimeOut PC an Internet monitor software is used to monitor your kids Internet usage and control the amount of time they may spend on a PC. Web sites visited are sent as SMS / text messages to you mobile phone at regular intervals, allowing parents to monitor the sites their kids are visiting in real time. All Web sites visited by each user are also logged for analysis at any stage by a parent. Up to 4 users may have time limits placed on their use of the PC.
Version 2.2 sends SMS messages to your mobile phone with details of the Web sites that your kids are currently viewing.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Limit time your kids spend on the home PC.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Set time limits and monitor computer use: hours per day/week/mo...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Control your children's activities on the PC.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Control and manage the time your children spend logged onto the...
- Restrict the amount of time children can work at the computer.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Keep time limits to the PC and restrict access to the computer ...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Control the amount of time users spend on the computer and on t...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Restrict access to Web sites.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Enhance command-line control of your system with time syncing, ...
- Control the time your children spend playing computer games.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Restrict the time your children spend on the computer and the I...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: TimeOut PC 22.214.171.124
program takes many time enter to accept the password also not very friendly user. How do you uninstall? would not use this again
"good idea if it worked"
Version: TimeOut PC 126.96.36.199
Tried it hated it wouldnt reccomend it. Bad thing is it didnt remember password and shutdown taskmanager. Besides the fact that it hosed my machine.