CNET Editors' review
We review a lot of programs, and it's not often that we come across one that we like well enough that we want to keep it for our own use. Time & Chaos is one such program. This planner and contact manager offers plenty of features without becoming cluttered and unwieldy.
The program's interface is sleek and very intuitive, and we absolutely love how everything is displayed in separate panes in one screen. At a glance we can see our calendar, contacts, appointments, and tasks. Need to schedule a meeting with George, or put calling Betty on your to-do list? Just drag and drop your contact's name into the appropriate pane, and the program will open the dialogue to set an appointment or task. Users can also view each function separately, including a daily view with a summary of the current day's schedule and to-do list. Unlike many similar programs, Time & Chaos does not try to pack in a lot of useless features for the sake of looking comprehensive. Every feature we came across was well-designed and useful. We loved the memo feature, with its options of text, tables, and file shortcuts. We loved that contacts can be assigned to groups and categories and associated with one another. The program's networking capabilities make it a fantastic choice for users who need to share information. The online Help file is thorough and well-written.
Time & Chaos has a 21-day trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We highly recommend this program for users seeking a powerful and intuitive way to manage their time and contacts.
From Chaos Software Group:
Time and Chaos use this contact manager to organize your telephone book, appointment schedule, and to do task list for better time management, all on one screen. Time and Chaos is fully networkable and offers the ability to share complete databases or just one area such as a shared calendar or phone book. All users on a network can even use the same databases at the same time to collaborate without being locked out or requiring expensive server software.
Appointments on your calendar and to do items on your task lis web site.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124 has fixed a bug that would cause program to restart rather than shutdown during a program update.
More Products to Consider
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Manage all your customer service needs.
- Organize and search your contacts.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Track and manage orders and customer data.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Increase your sales and build customer loyalty by coordinating ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Give every employee the tools to focus on finding and keeping c...
- Keep on top of appointments and events.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Manage the tasks and appointments on your to-do list with a few...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Keep yourself organized with this scheduling application.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Manage your daily contacts.
- Store contacts with photos in an address book.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Manage and share your personal information.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 15 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Time and Chaos 126.96.36.199
Nimble, interactive between contacts/appointments/tasks. Works well with my android DejaOffice via Companionlink [once set up].
Version 188.8.131.52 allowed user to print today's and the next several days' appointments AND the task list on one page. Starting with V8058, had to choose today's appointments and the task list. If user wanted to print the next several days' appointments, had to reset the 'starting day option' to today which made the calendar shift to the new starting day [what Gregorian calendar starts with Wednesday?]. Tried to download 8050 from the T&C archives but even tech support says 'not available'.
"easy come, easy go"
Version: Time and Chaos 184.108.40.206
Quick and easy, inexpensive program. Version 7 has been a terrific program. Light and quick on its feet.
Version 8 feels much more bloated, moves slow, sometimes doesn't update across the network without a manual refresh and took away many things that I come to depend on in version 7. I had to revert back to version 7 after a week. The knowledge base was unhelpful. The online support was not very satisfying.