CNET Editors' review
Those who spend most of their time working from a computer may need an application to track their time. Time Clock for Mac is an easy-to-use application designed to do just this; but its operation is ultimately so clunky that it detracts from its usefulness.
Time Clock for Mac is available for free and has no restrictions. After downloading, the program installs easily without any interaction required by the user. At startup, there are no tutorials or user instructions available, which was a disappointment since the menu looks dated and the program's operation was not obvious. It was also unclear if technical support was available. The first screen has areas where the user can see how long the clock has been running and adjust time for breaks. It took some trial and error to locate the area on the top menu where the clock can be started and stopped. This area also allows the user to see a log of their time. This area also allows entries to be made for describing what the user was doing during any clock time period, which would be useful for those with project-based jobs. Unfortunately, the buttons for starting and stopping sometimes did not register and required multiple clicks to operate.
Time Clock for Mac's poor design and spotty functionality make it hard to recommend and we suggest users who need a way to track or monitor their time look elsewhere for a more user-friendly and less glitchy option.
Time Clock was developed to help the user keep track of time spent on a project and remind the user when to take breaks. The user can set the desired time between breaks. If the user is not ready to take a break when prompted, he can postpone the break before he is reminded again and this time is also settable. A log is provide. Settings, log and running time are saved between sessions.
What's new in this version: Version 2.2.0 is compiled for 32 bit Cocoa.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Time clock for tracking time spent on multiple projects.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Keep track of time spent on multiple projects.
- Concentrate fully on one task a time and keep distractions at b...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Manage, share meetings, projects, contacts, tasks & more...
- Productivity booster to store and access all sort of info.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Track your time easily.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Employee time management system.
- Turn your Mac into an alarm clock, bedside clock, weather provi...
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Manage your projects.
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Colorful desktop clock.
- Countdown, stopwatch, reminder, and alarm clock.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1