From Software MacKiev:
This new award-winning edition of The Print Shop introduces a powerful set of yet easy-to-use layout tools such as rulers, grids and guidelines, along with more than a hundred other new and improved features. Create gorgeous CD labels and cases with track names and times imported from your iTunes playlists or print directly onto printable CDs with EPSON Direct-CD printers*. Import your family photos from iPhoto to create personalized holiday greeting cards. Merge-print address labels using the addresses already entered in your Mac's system Address Book. Make a wall-poster-size sports calendar for your favorite team and import all the team's games from iCal with a single click. Packed with high quality photos and graphics and easy-to-use professionally-designed templates, The Print Shop for Mac has everything you need to create impressive-looking greeting cards, envelopes posters, banners, business cards, pamphlets, online greetings and much more!
- Two CD set (includes a bonus Art CD)
- 9500+ professionally designed project templates
- 19,500+ premium images (photos and graphics)
- 240+ great-looking fonts (100 new in this edition)
- Powerful layout tools (rulers, grids, and guidelines)
- Photo Workshop (advanced photo editor with special edges and effects)
- Integration with Apple's iLife (iTunes, iPhoto, and iDVD), iCal and Address Book
- Support for label-free CD printing (with selected EPSON printers*)
What's new in this version: Lion compatibility.
More Products to Consider
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Create and customize greeting cards, signs, banners, and other ...
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View comic and manga images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Design and print business cards, calling cards, and badges.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Post production tool for photographers.
- Design and produce professional-quality brochures, cards, and p...
- Get this Mac OS printer driver from Epson.
- Add text-based graphics to your e-mail messages.
- Enhance, manage, and print digital photos.
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Screensaver of library architecture.
- Add your personal creativity to every graphic work.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"PS 2 for Mac can be a bit sluggish."
Version: The Print Shop 2.0.11
Very easy to use. I used program on PC for 12+ years. Projects come out just as well as the program for PC's. Once might call PS2 for Mac PS2 light.
Printer settings are hard to configure sometimes. Borderless printing seems to be a well hidden secret. Desktop can get cluttered with tool bars and have to move them constantly out of
the way of the project window.Awkward to access tool bars.
Overall I have used Printshop for a very long time, and although the templates are not as numerous and not really as good as PS for PC, for me it is a perfect program. One must play with it for a while to get the hang of it. The projects come out beautifully, the templates can be modified easily and your own graphics be incorporated into them. You can copy and paste just about anything from anywhere right into the project, and also if you have two projects open at once you can just drag and drop from one to the other. PS2 for Mac is still a very versatile program.
I would suggest before you buy any version do your research to make sure you are not getting a version that will not be updated any longer. If they are offering a newer version that has been out for a little bit, and they are going to upgrade it, you can upgrade it for free. If you buy the older version with no more updates, you will end up having to pay for the whole new version.
"The 2 stars say it all -- it's a mediocre program."
Version: The Print Shop 2.0.11
Technical support was adequate.
Print Shop 2 is sluggish, stodgy, unpredictable, clumsy, sometimes unresponsive, hard to use and confusing, both in creating projects and in printing them.
Compared to Hallmark Card Studio (which, incidentally, costs half as much as Print Shop 2 for Mac), Print Shop 2 is much less Mac-friendly. It is sluggish, stodgy, unpredictable, clumsy, sometimes unresponsive, hard to use and confusing, both in creating projects and in printing them.
I was finally able to print a borderless half-fold card on my Canon Pro9000 printer, but could not have done so without step-by-step instructions from tech support. Searching the Print Shop Help menu for "borderless printing" did not yield any results.
Print Shop 2 is not "Snow Leopard friendly". There are no references to Mac OS 10.6.x Snow Leopard at all in the user's manual. When I complained to tech support about that, I was told that "while we regularly update the product, we don't always update the User's Guide and the Help... in order to limit the size of the updater that users need to download". But this isn't any comfort to me. I'd much rather take the time to download helpful updaters than do without helpful and necessary information.
I purchased Print Shop 2 for Mac to replace my venerable copy of Print Explosion Deluxe which was beginning to show its age and would often crash when I upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard, but I now use Hallmark Card Studio much more frequently than Print Shop for the reasons I mentioned. As a matter of fact, I seldom use Print Shop any more.