From Dag Agren:
The Archive Browser is a program that lets you browse the contents of archives, as well as extract them. It will let you open files from inside archives, and lets you preview them using Quick Look. It is based on The Unarchiver, which means it can handle a large number of different archive formats: It can handle common formats like Zip, RAR, 7-zip, Tar, Gzip and Bzip2, as well as older formats like StuffIt, DiskDoubler, LZH, ARJ and ARC. It can also handle other kinds of formats, like CD and DVD images such as ISO, BIN, MDF, NRG and CDI, many Windows self-extracting EXE files, and can even extract media from Flash SWF files. See the supported formats page for a full list. It will also handle different filename encodings gracefully, and for the curious, it will show a lot of information about the archives and their contents.
What's new in this version:
- Fix a bug that would make files with invalid filenames not work in Zip and Exe files.
- Fix some small memory leaks.
- Some small interface tweaks.
- Read-only attributes for files in archives are now ignored. This caused some files not to extract correctly in older versions.
- Fix a bug with parsing Tar files.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Recover lost data from deleted files, formatted disk, lost raid...
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Synchronize and back up your files/folders.
- Search for, uninstall applications and more.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Decrypts files from SubRosaSoft Encryptor.
- Manage system and user services on your Mac.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Change the file format of Finder screenshots.
- Customize and bind your keyboard.
- Securly erase free drive space.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content